Tutu/EasyTutu Mods Fixes Index

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

Is there any chance that we could have a collection of Hotfixes made/linked to for EasyTutu mods? I discovered the BiG World Fixpack over at SHS, and although the readme for that says "Although it is made for the BiG World Project, it can be used with any other installation", it turns out that it can't be used for EasyTutu. I would very much like to see something similar made for EasyTutu, since there are various methods posted at various forums, but often no Hotfix to download.

Some I've found are:

Ascension64's Shilo Chen spawn fix OBSOLETE - repaired in mod

There's also another Finch bug mentioned here - http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,25725.0.html - but no apparent solution.

I've been looking at the issue of community bugfixes on and off for the past 6 hours, and I'm finding the whole process of trying to install bug-free mods really quite stressful. It takes quite a while to trawl through the forum of each EasyTutu mod looking for bugfixes which may or may not exist, and then when you do find some, there's sometimes no way to download the fixes.

Given the length of time between updates these days, this seems like a good idea. And the community is getting really good at posting fixes as they find them. I will set your post up, starting a "EasyTutu Mods Fixes Index" for folks to post to, and hopefully this will ease the pain. It probably is still a good idea to read the appropriate forum, but this would give folks some idea that there might be something to check on, at the very least.

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

Hey, thanks a lot, cmorgan!

I'd posted more in hope than expectation, so I'm very grateful to you for doing this. I've got the impression from reading some of these Hotfix threads that some modders have altered their local copies easily enough, but for people who aren't technically minded any sort of file adjustment can be daunting, and it's not always easy to know if you've fixed the file correctly. If a modder/someone who is technically minded has fixed their local copy, then please, do share the fixed files with the rest of us.

Since some mods can be used for both Tutu/EasyTutu and BG2, perhaps for these mods it could be stated which game(s) the Hotfix is for, so there's no confusion. Perhaps that's not necessary, I dunno, but it would at least make it clear if you should use the Hotfix for just a Tutu/EasyTutu game, a BG2 game, or both.

I've a collection of things that I've done locally to 'fix' or 'tweak' certain issues in the unmodded EasyTutu game. When I get a chance I'll re-test them, update them as needed and make available on my website. Macready can then utilize the code as he sees fit for future updates. I'll then come back and edit this post to provide the necessary links. (Don't wait up for me to get it done. I am in the middle of moving and I do have a day job.)

I'll also take a look into making appropriate patches for the Finch issues that I've apparently already been given credit for solving...

I'm attempting this one too. Not sure how to do the fancy programming, but taking the latest NI version and doing all the non-scripting fixes is easy enough (albeit time-consuming.) I use the Dudleyfix as a guide -- EasyTutu repairs many main goofs, but leaves lots of little stuff to fix such as the weapon color timings. And at the same time, repairing the EasyTutu blunders. A couple of examples of blunders are that the Morning Star did not get a breakable spell to go with it and the Silver Dagger didn't get its descriptions patched in correct [i found them in a search, but they needed a mod too - they indicated Small Sword instead of Dagger for the skill needed.] By the way, did anybody notice that the Silver Dagger should be a speed of 1 and not 2 [what it is now] since it is supposed to be a Dagger +1, but silver? This is what I mean…

Anyway, it will simply be a bunch of override files and the dialog.tlk file zipped up...call this the EasyTutu WeeFixes!

Anyway, it will simply be a bunch of override files and the dialog.tlk file zipped up...call this the EasyTutu WeeFixes!
If you want other people to be able to install it, you don't want to overwrite dialog.tlk. Or even if you want to reinstall it sometime down the road. Tutu does not use absolute string references like BG1 or BG2 do, so they'll vary from game to game. But this is very easy to do with WeiDU, because you can just write a long list of:
STRING_SET ~old text~ ~new text~

etc.

Archived