cleric spell remove paralysis not working for me

lac

Bingo! Mike was correct, as usual. It's Miloch's P&P Free Action that has the problem.

weidu that breaks here:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: v2

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shared files (required): v2

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #1 // Divine spells: v2

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #2 // Arcane spells: v2

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #3 // Cure Sleep Fix: v2

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #200 // Druid Remix

~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #605 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good

~FREEACT/SETUP-FREEACT.TP2~ #0 #10 // PnP Free Action: Beta 1

note that we have already tested all but the last line, and that works.

Ok, next plan is to see if it breaks on nothing but the G3FixPack, to see if we have an

interaction with SR or IR or DR problem, or just a bug.

further progress. It's an interaction with SR, IR or DR bug.

Because this build doesn't have the bug.

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

I'm for bed now. Will test SR followed by Free Action first thing tomorrow before I go to uni.

Ok, IR and DR are cleared.

It's an issue either with the shared part of SR or with Divine Spells. Because this one does not work.

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shared files (required): v2

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #1 // Divine spells: v2

And its not an issue with the main component of SR, but with something in the Divine Component. Taking that out, and no bug.
Knowing it was Miloch's PnP Free Action the problem I was expecting to be an issue with Divine Component simply because its where Remove Paralysis is! :) Anyway, I should have fixed the few issues left with Free Action and you'll probably don't need to use that mod in conjunction with SR. "Problem solved". ;)

great to hear. So should the version of SR I already have address this issue, or is this a 'planned for the next release' thing? In any case, we should make a GREAT BIG NOTE saying

DO NOT INSTALL P&P Free Action IF USING SPELL REVISIONS in the SR Readme. And drop a note to the Big World Project, telling them to make a note of this in their pdf file.

Should we tell the Big World pdf people that they should put a note in the part where you install P&P Free Action 'By no means install this if you are using SR'? I think so. Can we also promise SR users who have the most recent version that they do not need this fix to allow them to be hasted even when wearing speedboots?

new minor annoyance with remove paralysis.

If your character is unfortunate enough to be stunned more than once before your cleric can get off a remove paralysis spell, then, while the paralysis is removed, the icon remains and the character sheet still says 'stunned'. It goes away with the normal amount of time.

And its not an issue with the main component of SR, but with something in the Divine Component. Taking that out, and no bug.
Knowing it was Miloch's PnP Free Action the problem I was expecting to be an issue with Divine Component simply because its where Remove Paralysis is!
So what exactly was the problem here? Clearly, it wasn't an issue with PnP Free Action alone, since the build in post #17 didn't have the bug.

I also have heard you "incorporated" PnP Free Action into SR somehow, but I don't understand how that's possibly unless you changed everything to patching, and patching mod-added spells and items as well as vanilla content (because that's what PnP-FA does). While I've maintained folks can do what they like with my content for the most part, I can't say I support PnP Free Action as part of a mass-overwriting mod so I'll probably continue to maintain it separately (or in a larger tweak pack) unless you've changed that approach.

I never discovered what was the issue with Remove Paralysis, but as you say it's not an issue with PnP Free Action alone I'm quite sure it's neither caused by SR, mainly because SR doesn't change that spell!

Regarding Free Action, before releasing V3 I'll take a look at it again, but yes, unless I make it patching I can't achieve exactly the same goal of your version (simply because I'm not patching items). Anyway, it would be extremely strange for your mod to be incompatible with SR, and thus anyone can still install it until I add a similar code within SR.

Well, I tracked this down (finally, no thanks to the SR folks :thumbsup:). It is indeed a bug that appears with SR and PnP Free Action, but also one in SR without PnP-FA, namely this:

pr308sr.gif

This is Spell Revision's Remove Paralysis without PnP Free Action. The last two Remove Icon effects should be a preselected target (i.e., whoever the spell is cast upon) instead of "self". This was throwing our patching macro for some bad loops, since it was adding subsequent effects with the "self" target rather than preset. It also quite likely causes lac's last report above. I optimised our macro to avoid this, however. So whether SR is installed or not, you get the following now with PnP-FA installed:

pr308fa.gif

Note there is very little difference between our version and SR's. PnP-FA just removes some rather spurious icons for states that get removed anyway with Free Action, probably a hardcoded thing. Maybe someone can think of some clever way of *not* using Free Action to remove paralysis but that's how we both do it right now, and how the unmodded game does it.

it's not an issue with PnP Free Action alone I'm quite sure it's neither caused by SR, mainly because SR doesn't change that spell!
Quite untrue, at least in the latest version (and there's nothing in the release notes about it being added lately). Setup-spell_rev.tp2 (~line 450) overwrites it, as it does just about every other spell:
COPY ~spell_rev\sppr3##\sppr308.spl~   ~override~  // Remove Paralysis

Well, I tracked this down (finally, no thanks to the SR folks :thumbsup: ). It is indeed a bug that appears with SR and PnP Free Action, but also one in SR without PnP-FA...
Well, the reported issues were two:

1) spell not working

2) in some rare occasion when "curing" multiple stun effects the portrait icon wasn't removed

1) SR never caused this

2) this is my fault as I forgot to look into it, thanks for pointing it out, fixed within SR too

Demi,

do you feel you have locally fixed enough issues to warrant for a new hotfix release?

Well, the last update was a week ago (the one with Wish's "tweak"), and since then the only new fix is this one. :thumbsup:

Sorry but I must have allucinated. I would have bet that the date under Hotfixes reported November 2009 before... :hm::);)

Archived