Logan Coprith won't romance with my character...why?

ericp07

Hello,

My BGII - SoA/ToB install (under Mac OS X) includes Romantic Encounters, and one of the encounters involves Lord Logan Coprith of Trademeet. My main character (currently playing with a CN female Half-Elf Battleguard of Tempus) can ask Coprith any of a variety of questions, but he refuses to "spend time" with her. I've tried several different conversation tracks while they share a bottle of wine, but he invariably rejects my main character. Why is this? Is it possible to get him to have a true romantic encounter with the main character, or is this just the way he is...or is he not heterosexual? Inquiring minds want to know, so please clue me in here!

Thanks,

Eric

Hello,

My BGII - SoA/ToB install (under Mac OS X) includes Romantic Encounters, and one of the encounters involves Lord Logan Coprith of Trademeet. My main character (currently playing with a CN female Half-Elf Battleguard of Tempus) can ask Coprith any of a variety of questions, but he refuses to "spend time" with her. I've tried several different conversation tracks while they share a bottle of wine, but he invariably rejects my main character. Why is this? Is it possible to get him to have a true romantic encounter with the main character, or is this just the way he is...or is he not heterosexual? Inquiring minds want to know, so please clue me in here!

Thanks,

Eric

If I recall correctly, several of the encounters do not culminate in actual sex. I think Logan is indeed one of them. You'll find a few others but I won't say here to spoil things for you. I'm pretty positive you've got all you will get from Logan.

Guest Guest_ericp07_*
Hello,

Thanks,

Eric

If I recall correctly, several of the encounters do not culminate in actual sex. I think Logan is indeed one of them. You'll find a few others but I won't say here to spoil things for you. I'm pretty positive you've got all you will get from Logan.

Understood. Well, at least now Ribald is getting friendlier, even saying he won't mess around with others while he's "involved" with my main character...

Thanks,

Eric

Hello,

Thanks,

Eric

Understood. Well, at least now Ribald is getting friendlier, even saying he won't mess around with others while he's "involved" with my main character...

Thanks,

Eric

Really??? I never had Ribald say that to my pc. I'm jealous! :)

Heh heh he did to mine...but she was also seeing Hendak on a regular basis not to mention having flings with half of Athkatla. :)

No, Lord Coprith doesn't "put out" - you can have a nice drink and a chat but that's as far as it goes (at least, as far as I've managed). If you say the wrong things it's a very short chat and he isn't happy - if you say the right things then it's a longer chat. But there's definitely no nookie.

Guest Alyrial

I believe Firkraag is the same way. Now don't think I'm a freak, but it would have been hilarious to actually jump his bones. Flirting just doesn't cut it with me.

Guest Guest

In the description of the RE mod it says that there are two encounters with Logan, but I never get the second one! Do I get some sort of invitation from Logan, or what's the secret behind this? I also have problems with taking the proper dialogue lines, most things I say to Logan don't seem to please him as he gets very formal in the end. Could somebody give me advice what lines have the post positive results on the dialogue? And how the hell do I get the second encounter?

(sry if there are any grammar/spelling/style mistakes in my post. I learn English at school ...)

There are two talks with Logan. One, where you just talk(and, if you are lucky, he will agree to have a glass of wine with you), and one, where you drink the said wine.

Yes, indeed, Lord Coprith sounds very picky - this is the author's vision and concept; the character is a hard nut. It's best to remain interested in him, I think. But it was very hard for me to please him, too - maybe reloading a few times will help?

Best of luck to you, in any case. Other encounters are simpler, I promise. Did you try Laran(the Promenade, the Mithrest Inn)? Or Renal Bloodscalp? Or perhaps Teos, if you are a mage? There's Ribald, Aran, Bjornin, Cernd... well, a long-long list, and they're all good.

Guest Guest

Thanx for the explanation. I guess I was confused by the note that there are two talks, because I didn't count the first als actually romantic.

But still, in the description is something about a lovesong??? I have reloaded 568 times without finding the right lines for getting something like that.

Well, but the other encounters are great! A bit naughty sometimes, but still WOW, a real fun to play! My favorites - if I had to name some, though I like almost every encounter - are the one with Renal, Eldoth and this cute young Radiant Heart guy. (forgotten his name ...) and Ribald, of course!

Does anybody still have an idea how to deal with Logan properly? Otherwise, I'll just give up und move on to this encounter with Saemon ...

Maybe moving on is the way, yes. As for the name of the encounter: "The love song of" - there's a long and lovely explanation; in short(it's only my view!) there are novels and poems that are named this way. So this is a dedication of sorts.

Glad you enjoy the mod - we have some great authors there, and I'm very glad they contributed to PC's romantic adventures. Hope your ToB playthrough is good, too.

Guest Guest

I won't give up hope to achieve an more satisfying ending in the Logan story another time. After all, I did manage the (in my opinion) awfully complicated Cernd-encounter after several tries, so why can't I deal also with the High Merchant?

I can't repeat often enough how much fun RE is. In fact, it's just the kind of mod I was always looking for. I've installed it only a few days ago, and I'm addicted! (I haven't ToB installed yet, I always plan to, but I'm too lazy ^^)

But I'm a bit disappointed, because the Haer'Dalis part of RE wasn't really what I expected it to be. I would love to play through some extended content, as Haery is definetly the sexiest NPC in the whole game. I couldn't find a HaerDalis romance anywhere on the Internet, what a pity! Now, this would be a really interesting romance!

Archived