Bow Revision

Demivrgvs

I'd propose a V3 instead. These bow revisions calls for that IMO

That would be okay of course but V2 has just been released and hotfixes are at hand for updating V2 so I don't really see the need of a new version.

Most of all, Demi has little time for modding in this period and Spell Revisions should take precedence now.

I'd propose a V3 instead. These bow revisions calls for that IMO

That would be okay of course but V2 has just been released and hotfixes are at hand for updating V2 so I don't really see the need of a new version.

Most of all, Demi has little time for modding in this period and Spell Revisions should take precedence now.

Guess we've different opinions :) That's ok, it's up to Demi to decide anyway - I hope

Demivrgvs,

no news about this?

Can you perhaps upload these changes or even integrate them in the hot fixes?

Thanks!

Sorry my efforts when I have some spare time are obviously geared toward SR now. Anyway this shouldn't take much and I can integrate it in a hotfix, expect this to be done sooner than you think. :)
Demivrgvs,

no news about this?

Can you perhaps upload these changes or even integrate them in the hot fixes?

Thanks!

Sorry my efforts when I have some spare time are obviously geared toward SR now. Anyway this shouldn't take much and I can integrate it in a hotfix, expect this to be done sooner than you think. ;)

Well, what can I say?

Just thanks! :)

I have a question about composite long bows :

Composite Long Bows: Damage bonuses are dependant on minimum strength required to wield :

I have not installed main component, it result modifications for weapons are not visibles. Can you say me the amount of damages for each sorts of composite lon bows ?

And sorry I don't understand : " 2) add missing damage granted by enhancement bonuses. "

Does It mean a + 1 long bow will always do + 1 damage minimum ??

-1 apr is nice :worship:

ty

I have a question about composite long bows :

Composite Long Bows: Damage bonuses are dependant on minimum strength required to wield :

I have not installed main component, it result modifications for weapons are not visibles. Can you say me the amount of damages for each sorts of composite lon bows ?

I don't remember right now how this component works without the main one installed. Mike should be able to answer it though. Considering all vanilla's composite bows required STR 18 they should simply have +2 damage.

And sorry I don't understand : " 2) add missing damage granted by enhancement bonuses. "

It mean a + 1 long bow will always do + 1 damage minimum

Generally a +1 weapon has +1 thac0 and damage bonus, vanilla's bows get only +1 to thac0.

In fact i think it's ok coz Heartseeker is a + 3 weapon...

I would say that composite who requiere 18 STR inflict +2 damage in comparaison to a standard long bow.

Composites who requiere 19 STR do +4 damage. ( maybe it's a bit insuffisant)

Short Bows: Now cause additional damage equal to enchantment level, but provide only an extra half attack per round instead of an extra full attack.

Long Bows: Now cause additional damage equal to enchantment level, but provide only an extra half attack per round instead of an extra full attack. Replaced +1 THAC0 bonus with +1 damage bonus. Bows that require 16 or more strength to wield (Composite Long Bows) now deal an additional +1 damage.

This is taken from my local readme that should be uploaded sometime soon. I changed the damage calculation in the hotfix that affected bows so that it would be more reliable and easier to describe.

+1 damage and same thac0 in comparaison to long bows ??

So finally it's just a boost for composite bow ?

And composit who requiere 19 STR should inflict more damage than composits who requiere only 18 or 16 STR. As I say Strong arm do same amount of damage than Heartseeker (if main component is not installed) . Imo It 's not balanced , even if Heartseeker is a +3 bow :worship:

+1 damage and same thac0 in comparaison to long bows ??

So finally it's just a boost for composite bow ?

The last sentence of the description says that all bows with strength requirements of 16 or higher now get an additional +1 damage, on top of whatever they had before.

Regular items in BG2 used to look like this:

Short Bow - APR: +1, THAC0: +Enchantment, Damage: +0

Long Bow - APR: +1, THAC0: +(Enchantment + 1), Damage: +0

Comp. Long Bow - APR: +1, THAC0: +(Enchantment + 1), Damage: +1

With IR's component, they should look like this:

Short Bow - APR: +0.5, THAC0: +Enchantment, Damage: +Enchantment

Long Bow - APR: +0.5, THAC0: +Enchantment, Damage: +(Enchantment + 1)

Comp. Long Bow - APR: +0.5, THAC0: +Enchantment, Damage: +(Enchantment + 3)

I just realised that BG1/Tutu bows use a different system more similar to IR's, but we'll forget about that for now.

P.S. If anything looks wrong, it probably is. This stuff is easy for me to screw up.

yes, so it's a boost for composit bows :p It's nice, I like it.

But don't you think that composit long bow who requiere 19 STR (especially strong arm) should deserve a significant bonus like you have done with strong arm in main composent ( +8 damage).

With your mod, if i install "weapons change component " (without main component), Strong arm do same amount of damage than Heartseeker.

In BG2 vanilla, Strong arm do +1 damage in comparaison to Heartseeker . It is not a lot but at least it is coherent.

Sorry it is surely a detail coz there is only one composite bow who require 19 STR and maybe not a lot of people install "weapons change component " only .

ty :worship:

yes, so it's a boost for composit bows :p It's nice, I like it.

But don't you think that composit long bow who requiere 19 STR (especially strong arm) should deserve a significant bonus like you have done with strong arm in main composent ( +8 damage).

With your mod, if i install "weapons change component " (without main component), Strong arm do same amount of damage than Heartseeker.

In BG2 vanilla, Strong arm do +1 damage in comparaison to Heartseeker . It is not a lot but at least it is coherent.

So, you'd like bows that have strength requirements of 19 or higher get another additional +1 on top of everything else? I wouldn't mind implementing this.

I have not installed main component, it result modifications for weapons are not visibles.

I saw this in your original post - what exactly do you mean? The component alone should provide accurate item descriptions.

Sorry it is surely a detail coz there is only one composite bow who require 19 STR and maybe not a lot of people install "weapons change component " only .

ty :worship:

I was always curious if anyone actually did this. Interesting to see that at least one person does.

Archived