Nalia oddities and a Dirbert bug

Trivial little thing: Acolyte Lara makes a grammatical error in the Lathander cleric stronghold, saying "should not have been their problem" instead of "should not have been <his/her> problem" (depending on Charname's sex). Notice Cotirso gets it right!

I'm not familiar with the English version of BG2, because I'm a German gamer, but if you give me the line with @ which must be corrected, I can include it in the gtu.tph of the "BWP v6.1 Fix".

Greetings Leomar

Shall I assume this will be put in the next release? Or even the hotfixes?
It will be included in any future release that may or may not come at some point that may or may not be in the future. ;-)

I'm sure it can be included in the BWP update for those who don't plan to still be playing in 2015!

Obviously, it isn't a big deal. That's why I called it "insignificant". It is grammatically incorrect as is, but I probably only noticed it because of the mismatch between Lara and Cotirso. But I don't really care; I wouldn't have mentioned it if I weren't mentioning the other things.
Typos are always welcome, and it will hopefully be corrected in a future release. I was just mentioning that on the ladder of grammar stuff like this is the bottom rung (and in an increasingly gender-neutral world, don't count on it being incorrect for long!). Plus, in a sentence that has "conspiracy reason," I think it falls off the ladder completely. :)

Since I've got your attention, there's also a bug in that the game does not apply non-proficiency penalties to ranged weapons that use ammunition. I kinda suspect that's not moddable, but I thought I'd mention it in case it was. EDIT: I see that's already in BETA Core Fixes, so nevermind.
Yeah, the engine considers the ammo to be equipped (not the launcher), so they needed to have proficiency values (which BioWare didn't assign). We only figured it out last year or earlier this year. :(

I'm not familiar with the English version of BG2, because I'm a German gamer, but if you give me the line with @ which must be corrected, I can include it in the gtu.tph of the "BWP v6.1 Fix".
Fixed string:
@36242=~If you were the better choice, you would have the position. You were denied it fairly, not for any conspiracy reason. Now you have drawn <CHARNAME> into a matter that should not have been <PRO_HISHER> problem.~

Nalia: State 3 in naliap.dlg should check if "EnteredAR1300" is either 1 or 2.

As this is fixpack content, I think it's safe to use REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER here.

REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER NALIAP 3 ~
 OR(2)
Global("EnteredAR1300","GLOBAL",1)
Global("EnteredAR1300","GLOBAL",2)
 Global("KickedOut","LOCALS",0)
~

I'm sure it can be included in the BWP update for those who don't plan to still be playing in 2015!

What? Who are they? I've already made plans to play multiplayer on the 50th anniversary in 2048.

Typos are always welcome, and it will hopefully be corrected in a future release. I was just mentioning that on the ladder of grammar stuff like this is the bottom rung (and in an increasingly gender-neutral world, don't count on it being incorrect for long!).

True. I guess it was the mismatch between Lara and Cotirso that flagged it for me, but maybe I should interpret the dialogue like this: Lara is a progressive believer in political correctness; Cotirso is old-school. ;)

Plus, in a sentence that has "conspiracy reason," I think it falls off the ladder completely. :)

;) Good point.

Yeah, the engine considers the ammo to be equipped (not the launcher), so they needed to have proficiency values (which BioWare didn't assign). We only figured it out last year or earlier this year. :D

Cool. Except now I'm curious how the fix works. E.g., do arrows get Short Bow proficiency or Long Bow proficiency, or is there some way to give them both? And will the fix be compatible with the Tweakpack components that change the proficiency system? Well, maybe I should search around for an old thread about this, as I assume there is one.

Cool. Except now I'm curious how the fix works. E.g., do arrows get Short Bow proficiency or Long Bow proficiency, or is there some way to give them both? And will the fix be compatible with the Tweakpack components that change the proficiency system? Well, maybe I should search around for an old thread about this, as I assume there is one.
Actually, it turned out to be any proficiency (the launcher determines your proficiency bonuses, but they don't get applied unless the ammo has some proficiency value). I believe we standardized on short bow for arrows, but this won't affect the behavior of long vs. short according to the type of bow you have equipped (or whether the launcher proficiencies have been modified by Tweaks).

@ devSin

Thank you. It is the first time I correct something in the gtu.tra, so is this correct?

@1036207 = ~An undead thing pulls itself from the sarcophagus, mumbling angry words in some alien tongue. The thing turns its dead eyes towards you as you recoil in horror.~ []
@1036242 = ~If you were the better choice, you would have the position. You were denied it fairly, not for any conspiracy reason. Now you have drawn <CHARNAME> into a matter that should not have been <PRO_HISHER> problem.~ [] // corrected by devSin
@1036250 = ~Things stay as they are. Go home, Cotirso.~ []

@ Taimon

Can I insert your code in the tp2 like this:

/////												  \\\\\
///// Nalia's Quest Related Talks Fix from Taimon	  \\\\\
/////												  \\\\\

OR(2)
~

/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
/////												  \\\\\
///// Optional, but cool							   \\\\\

Is this all? Or need I to add something else?

Greetings Leomar

Taimon, I think you mean post 1 if you talked about page 1, right?

There are three problems and three fixes in this thread:

- Nalia's one is your one

- Dirbert's one is Icendoans one and was put in the tp2 file at the end of the BETA core fixes

- Fixed string one is from devSin and was put in the gtu.tph

What do you mean with "or wherever you put the other fix"? I need more advice you know me. :)

Greetings Leomar

It should go in soa-dlg.d, or wherever you put the other fix. (from page 1)

And let someone test it. :)

I didn't test Icen's version of the fix, but I did test Mike's, i.e.:

REPLACE_TRANS_TRIGGER "UHKID01" BEGIN 16 END BEGIN 0 1 3 5 7 8 END
~NumItemsParty("SW1H01",3)~ ~NumItemsPartyGT("SW1H01",2)~

put at the end of soa-dlg.d.

It worked.

So, I've added the Nalia fix as you suggested:

\bg2fixpack\compile\soa-dlg.d at the end of the file

// if wish cast by non-party member (i.e. simulcrum or projected image), scroll to start quest would be lost
REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT WISH ~GiveItemCreate("wishscrl",LastTalkedToBy,0,0,0)~ ~GiveItemCreate("wishscrl",Player1,0,0,0)~

// Nalia's Quest Related Talks Fix by Taimon
 OR(2)
~

Greetings Leomar

Archived