defensive harmony

lac

Have you changed its level? I have just noticed that with DR Aerie wasn't getting Defensive Harmony. Do you have a list of what spells changed levels someplace? I smell a systemetic problem, and would be happy to check for you.

Have you changed its level? I have just noticed that with DR Aerie wasn't getting Defensive Harmony. Do you have a list of what spells changed levels someplace? I smell a systemetic problem, and would be happy to check for you.
I've changed the projectile to fix the AoE, doubled the AC bonus and slightly increased the duration, but I haven't touched neither its level (4th) nor its school/sphere. Have you assigned to Aerie any kit?
Have you assigned to Aerie any kit?

Yes, I made her a cleric/thief using Level1NPCs and assigned her the Sharpshooter Kit from SoS. So no cleric kit. Will start a new game and see what happens. I have too many builds lying around this computer now. :)

Ok, new build. All the mods loaded of the long list I gave you before, except for Horns of

valhalla, Goodberries -- SR fiend fix is now after SCSII, and no P+P Free Action -- I can

live with being slowed in my boots of speed more than I can live with not being able to cast a working remove paralysis on my party.

Aerie changed using level1 npcs to be a cleric/thief. She studied from the Gnomes, after all. No cleric kit, but the sharpshooter one.

cleric spells -- 1st level

armour of faith, bless, command, cure light wounds, curse, detect evil, detect good, doom, magical stone, protection from evil, protection from good, resist fear, sanctuary, shillelagh, strength of stone

2nd level

aid, chant, draw upon holy might, find traps, hold person, know alignment, resist acid or corrosion, resist fire/cold, silence 15' radius, slow poison, spiritual hammer

3rd level

cure blindness and deafness, cure disease, cure serious wounds, dispell magic, glyph of warding, holy smite, moonblade, negative plane protection, protection from evil 15' radius, protection from good 15' radius, remove curse, remove paralysis

4th level

coak of fear, cure critical wounds, death ward, farsight, free action, holy power, lesser restoration, neutralise poison

so no defensive harmony.

DR assigns spells in a particular way, perhaps Defensive Harmony has been left out or something else is causing it. SR doesn't change neither the school (Enchantment) nor the category (Combat Protection), and I haven't moved it to another level either...thus it really shouldn't be a problem caused by SR.

This topic already wasted too much of your spare time Demi, go back study or work on v3 :)

@Lac: read more carefully the Divine Remix readme, everything is explained there.

Trueclass clerics have major access to the spheres of all, charm, combat, creation, divination, guardian, healing, necromantic, protection, and summoning and minor access to the spheres of elemental (earth) and elemental (water).

Defensive Harmony belongs to the Law sphere, so:

The spells available to a divine caster are limited to spheres related to their deity's portfolio.

Major - character can cast all spells in this sphere

Minor - character can cast spells up to and including level three in this sphere

None - character can not cast spells in this sphere

notice you are missing other level 4 spells, like mental domination ( thought ) or animal summoning ( animal )

no P+P Free Action -- I can

live with being slowed in my boots of speed more than I can live with not being able to cast a working remove paralysis on my party.

I played with SR Free Action Spell and SR Free Action on items for some time and that already prevents enemy spells/effects ( slow, paralysis, stun, webs and so on ) while letting you wear boots of speed or haste yourself. That Miloch's minimod was completely redundant then.

I've never found anything in the DR documentation which gave you a list of which spells belong to which

sphere. Missing out on defensive harmony because it is no longer available for unkitted clerics makes a

certain amount of sense, though it would be nice if there was a lists of spells that unkitted clerics would miss

someplace as well. But that still leaves the absense of Cure Medium Wounds as a puzzle.

Well, this is bullshit.

Demi repeated many times on this same forum that 1) this mod has some incompatibilities with divine remix, so it's not a surprise 2) cure medium wounds has been moved from level 3 to level 2, so it's obvious that if you have two different mods that rearrange spellbooks that is going to cause some issues depending on install order.

Then if you'd use a couple minutes checking the pinned posts on the divine remix forum you'd find this so there's indeed enough documentation about spheres.

Well, this is bullshit.

Demi repeated many times on this same forum that 1) this mod has some incompatibilities with divine remix, so it's not a surprise 2) cure medium wounds has been moved from level 3 to level 2, so it's obvious that if you have two different mods that rearrange spellbooks that is going to cause some issues depending on install order.

Please don't discourage people from reporting compatibility information. There has been very little reported about how DR and SR interact.

Then if you'd use a couple minutes checking the pinned posts on the divine remix forum you'd find this so there's indeed enough documentation about spheres.

Thanks for this link. I compared its changes with SR's descriptions, and they match. If SR changed any other spheres, Demi will have to point them out, but otherwise you can find SR's listing of spells here, sphere information included. You can also check the spreadsheet attached to a post in Raj's link for how DR assigned spheres.

From the link and the 'short form' version of SR changes on its main readme, here are the spell level differences:

Spell Levels
Spell IR Level DR Level
Cure Medium Wounds 2 3
Cause Serious Wounds 3 4
Cure Serious Wounds 3 4
Repulse Undead 3 5
Cause Critical Wounds 4 5
Cure Critical Wounds 4 5
Negative Plane Protection 4 3
Protection from Evil 10' Radius 4 3
Conjure Air Elemental* 6 7
Conjure Earth Elemental 6 7

*Conjure Air Elemental is not a default priest spell, so both mods are adding it.

I've never found anything in the DR documentation which gave you a list of which spells belong to which sphere. Missing out on defensive harmony because it is no longer available for unkitted clerics makes a certain amount of sense, though it would be nice if there was a lists of spells that unkitted clerics would miss someplace as well. But that still leaves the absense of Cure Medium Wounds as a puzzle.
That's because the 2nd level version of Cure Medium Wounds doesn't exist for DR.

Raj, don't be rude to lac, she's helping us a lot lately and I'm thankful for that!

I've never found anything in the DR documentation which gave you a list of which spells belong to which

sphere. Missing out on defensive harmony because it is no longer available for unkitted clerics makes a

certain amount of sense, though it would be nice if there was a lists of spells that unkitted clerics would miss

someplace as well. But that still leaves the absense of Cure Medium Wounds as a puzzle.

It's to be found in an exceldocument somewhere in the DR forum. I've one for years on my PC until recently where I deleted it...

Archived