Some feedback

Guest Roboghost
Sorry, but it's an all-or-non-package.

But spotting bugs with NI is cool. Tell me what you think it is, so I can fix it.

Btw.: The quests are all separately dealt with in the tp2. Just erase anything that is called "Bjornin extension" (or whatever it is called) in the setup-bgqe.tp2 and the encounter won't be installed. Instead of deleting, you can put it into /* (text) */ to take it out of the installer.

But still, I would prefer you tell me what it is you saw, as I am not aware of a bug in the Bjornin encounter.

-jastey

Thanks for the tips...

Now; I have multiple drives and can plop in a clean install of BG1 at will, so I copied a clean install and just loaded your mod and used NI search for corrupted files and here is result:

File corruption search

Number of errors: 12

File: BJORNI.DLG Offset: 1928h Error message: Text(1928h) overlaps Text(1928h) by 9 bytes

File: BJORNI.DLG Offset: 1928h Error message: 9 unused bytes between Text(1928h) and Text(1931h)

File: BJORNI.DLG Offset: 19f3h Error message: Text(19f3h) overlaps Text(19f3h) by 69 bytes

File: BJORNI.DLG Offset: 19f3h Error message: 69 unused bytes between Text(19f3h) and Text(1a38h)

File: BJORNI.DLG Offset: 1e54h Error message: Text(1e54h) overlaps Text(1e54h) by 46 bytes

File: BJORNI.DLG Offset: 1e54h Error message: 46 unused bytes between Text(1e54h) and Text(1e82h)

File: BJORNI.DLG Offset: 248eh Error message: Text(248eh) overlaps Text(248eh) by 22 bytes

File: BJORNI.DLG Offset: 248eh Error message: 22 unused bytes between Text(248eh) and Text(24a4h)

File: FULLER2.DLG Offset: 301h Error message: Text(301h) overlaps Text(301h) by 41 bytes

File: FULLER2.DLG Offset: 301h Error message: 41 unused bytes between Text(301h) and Text(32ah)

File: FULLER2.DLG Offset: 32ah Error message: Text(32ah) overlaps Text(32ah) by 86 bytes

File: FULLER2.DLG Offset: 32ah Error message: 86 unused bytes between Text(32ah) and Text(380h)

Note that I did scan before and NI found no corrupted files -- you fix, me happy :p

Thank you for checking! Although I don't know what that is supposed to mean. I do nothing unusual with Bjornin's dialogue (for modders: ADD_TRANS_ACTION, ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER, EXTEND_BOTTOM, APPEND), all official WeiDU commands. Maybe The Bigg knows what this is about.

Guest Roboghost
I see this message in many files using NI. It looks like WeiDU is just optimizing duplicated strings, and NI just seems to be unaware of this.

This reads good enough for me - thanks. NI probably is starting to show its age. It does have an irritating memory leak that forces you to quit and start it back up again and again -- it did that with my old computer and now the same thing with my completely different new computer :p

I decided to load the whole works along with other mods in Easytutu and we'll see what happens - I'll report down the road if anything funny happens, etc.

I'll be modding for the next month or so to customize the game to my own liking -- mostly fixes [thanking Dudley here], NPC/creature enhancements, and some custom items. I enjoy modding more then playing I think!

Archived