What is Arcane Knowledge?

Leomar

Cronox translate Spell Revisions in German at the moment. He found that in the arcane.tra:

@853=~Improved Alacrity~
@854=~Improved Alacrity
Level: 10
School: Universal
Range: Personal
Duration: 2 rounds
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of Effect: Caster
Saving Throw: None

Improved Alacrity essentially erases the pause between casting spells. When cast, the mage can begin casting a new spell the instant he is finished casting his current spell. The effect lasts for 2 rounds.

Requires: Arcane Knowledge~

What is the requirement "Arcane Knowledge"?

Greetings Leomar

it's from hla revision, a feat that gives you +1 cha/int and let you learn some hla.

omg so I was at the computer this night, typing in english. just a bit drunk :)

This is from HLA Refinements anyway:

Arcane Knowledge

The time and effort powerful wizards put into the study of complex spells, magical artifacts and the very essence of magic does not happen without rewards. A mage's studies open his mind to new ways of thinking and perceiving the multiverse. His extensive knowledge will give him the answer to even the most obscure problem; the broadening of the mage's mental faculties makes the wizard capable of learning and memorizing an even greater variety of magic.

This passive ability grants the mage a permanent 1 point bonus to Intelligence and 15 point bonus to Lore.

Has nothing to do with SR.

Thanks for the informations.

But SR has this in the spell-description:

Requires: Arcane Knowledge

If that's true, that you can take "Improved Alacrity" after you take "Arcane Kowledge" of Refinements only, then it is not a good requirement. "Improved Alacrity" is a standard 10. level ToB-spell from BioWare. In this case it's bad, if I can't get this standard 10. level spell, if I''ve not installed Refinements...

Is that how SR wants to revise it?

Greetings Leomar

Thanks for the informations.

But SR has this in the spell-description:

Requires: Arcane Knowledge

If that's true, that you can take "Improved Alacrity" after you take "Arcane Kowledge" of Refinements only, then it is not a good requirement. "Improved Alacrity" is a standard 10. level ToB-spell from BioWare. In this case it's bad, if I can't get this standard 10. level spell, if I''ve not installed Refinements...

Is that how SR wants to revise it?

Don't worry it's only a sort of "typo". If you don't have Refinements you should be able to normally select Improved Alacrity as a standard HLA.

Archived