Anyone try modding NWN I

Chronis

So I am pretty comfortable modding BG II at this point and was interested in

exploring NWN I.

Is there a toolset for the game. A NWN I equivalent of weidu, DLTCEP, near infinity beta?

Anyone done any modding of this game? Any recommendations on where to start?

So I am pretty comfortable modding BG II at this point and was interested in

exploring NWN I.

Is there a toolset for the game. A NWN I equivalent of weidu, DLTCEP, near infinity beta?

Anyone done any modding of this game? Any recommendations on where to start?

There is a toolset that shipped with the game. As far as I know, that's pretty much what all the NWN modders use.

Near Infinity does have some limited support for NWN, but nothing like it does for the Infinity engine games.

If you want to go with NWN, NWN2 is far better imo.

Are there TC level mods for NWN2?

I couldn't suffer the OC, and won't pay more for this crap. But i want to see some of the money coming back :)

I just uninstalled NWN2, but i could reinstall it if there is something interesting (totally outside of the OC).

NWN2 offers a complete set of tools to build an entirely new game. It's much more customizable even in its framework than BG, like you can change upper party limit no pro, use different types of companions, forbid whatever classes/races/spells whatever you want in your campaign. You build areas right in the toolset, and the outdoor terrain tool is particulary good. Basically if you know how to script... and you sure do! it's relatively easy to customize your set up, and script pretty much anything. The scripting is infuriating for a programely deficient folk like me, but those who are good at it find it much more flexible. There is by far less limitations than with IE. On the other hand, there is much more content to handle to build your own game, understandably.

Archived