What is the correct way to kill renal bloodscalp

Guest Chris

How am I supposed to legitly kill renal bloodscalp for his boots of speed.

I recall a very long time ago that I joined the shadow theives ( i think ), went to spellhold, came back, and then when I attacked him Arkanis Gath did not show up and I was able to kill him and loot the boots of speed.

Is this still true? Or did you guys change it? Or is there not supposed to be a legit way of killing him?

You should be able to kill him in Chapter 6 or if you side with Bodhi in Chapter 3.

If you side with Bodhi, Renal completely disappears, IIRC.

As far as I know, there is no "correct" way to kill Renal, though it can be done with the help of some cheese.

Without the fixpack, in chap. 2., you can cast Protection from Magical Weapons to keep Arkanis from killing you, and then stat-drain Arkanis to death (with Shapechange:Mind Flayer or Haer'Dalis's sword... it might be possible with Wakizashi's scimitar though I'm not sure you can hit him fast enough.) Then you're free to kill Renal. and then of course, you then need to side with Bodhi.

With the fixpack, you can't stat-drain Arkanis, but you can kill Renal and then run away from Arkanis.

There are probably some other mods (Questpack?) that affect things here, however.

Yeah, it's something I've never done (doesn't he just run away eventually if you try to kill him)?

It should be possible in Chapter 6 then (I know we resolved an issue where Arkanis would show up at any point in the game despite only being Chapter 3 continuity officer)?

You should be able to kill him in Chapter 6 or if you side with Bodhi in Chapter 3.

If you side with Bodhi, Renal completely disappears, IIRC.

Thats correct, he disappears of you side with Bodhi.

So I gather that it should be possible to kill him after I come back from spellhold ( since he is not needed at that point ).

If you load the Questpack mod

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php...&Itemid=100

you can side with Mae'var against Renal Bloodscalp. I haven't done this yet, because I

have just got the Quest Pack to work the day before yesterday. If you want to do this

then this link may also be needed for you, depending on how complicated your existing mod setup is.

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=37926

At any rate, Steve's patched version of the questpack is working great for me right now.

(But this time through I chose to side with Renal but fool Edwin into thinking I murdered for him, one of the other options listed.) Speedboots, huh. That makes betraying Renal all the more interesting ... :)

Laura

Archived