Jarlaxle bug - or not

Arathlan

Okay. So I just played through and hit Jarlaxle. Or rather, he hit on me. On my MALE paladin. Granted there's a Nathaniel romance happening, but still. It kinda makes sense for Drow to be functionally bisexual (although probably going against canon), but either way thought I'd point it out - either it should be patched or dialogue needs to be fixed to allow for the gender to work :)

Hey, welcome to G3.

Jarlaxle shouldn't flirt with male PCs, no.

We have a gender check in the very first line of our Jarlaxle dialogue, which means it shouldn't happen... unless your paladin is female OR another mod adds to Jarlaxle OR your dialog.tlk is messed up OR you are talking about Solaufein, not Jarlaxle.

Hmmm.. Definitely Jarlaxle. I haven't taken solaufein because I don't need a fighter mage and I definitely don't need competition for the girdle of fortitude. Paladin is male but it could be a mod conflict. I think I've uninstalled most of the possible conflicts - unless Jarlaxle is affected by creature edits in the quest pack (I think that's the one). I'm going to do a clean install once I finish this run and I'll try it again. If it comes up again I'll nudge here.

Okay. So I just played through and hit Jarlaxle. Or rather, he hit on me. On my MALE paladin.

It might be relevant to mention which version of RE you were using. I experienced this issue in version 2, a long time ago, and assumed it was fixed for v3.

Archived