How do you find out what hidden items an NPC is carrying?

lac

There is some conflict with something I have loaded and the Saerileth mod. There is a NPC in that mod, Edorem, who is supposed to be unkillable (at least for a certain part of the game). He isn't. Somebody just told me that he is unkillable because he has a 1hp-item. I'd like to find out what item that is, so we can check and see if it is IR that is breaking it. or not. But I don't know how to find out what item Edorem is carrying. Killing him didn't make him drop the item, whatever it is. :)

How do you find out what hidden items an NPC is carrying?
You open the creature file with NearInfinity or ShadowKeeper, and take a look the creatures inventory. To get him(the NPC) to show up with ShadowKeeper, you might need to Force Join(CTRL+Q, mouse cursor over the NPC and Cheatkeys enabled) him to your group so you can save, even if it a middle of a fight, by killing everyone else and then saving just to check him out.

The dialog can give the NPC the item and take it away, so remember that...

Killing him didn't make him drop the item, whatever it is.
Hih, you couldn't have killed him if he had the item. Hih.-> the dialog probably doesn't give Edorem the right item... and the item should be undroppable, so you won't gain it even if you kill him with int drain etc.
It's highly unprobable that IR has something to do with that item. I haven't touched vanilla's 1hp items, and if the mod use a custom one surely I haven't changed it.

Sounds eminently sane of you. :) I will report back when I have better information.

But it was working perfectly before I a) installed new version of IR b) got rid of the Horns of Valhalla and the PnP Free Action c) moved the SR fiend hotfix. Possibly I futzed around with my SCSII components, too.

While it is always possible that what I am finding is a memory pointer bug that just happened to mess up Saerelith today and would mess up something else tomorrow, I am hoping that I can trace the problem to one of the things I changed.

(edit -- ah yes, I added Hubelpot too, I see...)

Laura

Archived