What is the Tabiya Project?

Barren Fischa

Alright, sorry for having been awol for a bit. Between some personal goings-on and then my hard drive deciding to crash, my life's been..interesting..of late, to say the least.

I think this sounds like a very promising idea.  Two questions:

Will she have voicing?

Will she be designed to seem like an original part of the game?

In short, yes to both of these questions. I plan to do full voicing for Tabiya, as well as several of the key actors in her subquests. I hope to have her fit as seamlessly as possible into the Bioware meld. It's no secret I'm a Kelsey fanatic; I can only try to make my Tabiya mesh as well as Kelsey does.

if the pc is really really evil, would she fall all the way tword death knight status???  i mean further tempting her into doing unspeakable atrocities and evil things...her epilog could reflect that after the throne, and the evil pc ascended, she fell even further and became that most feared and hated creature, the deathknight...

Oh yes, UU, if Tabiya is completely corrupted by the PC and company, her class will most definitely reflect this. She'll have a unique kit designed for this circumstance, though this will only be available to those dedicated people who are bound and determined to corrupt poor Tabiya to the fullest of her evil potential. In other words, getting the alternate kit isn't an automatic thing just because Tabiya's alignment is evil. You'll have to work at it a little. Her epilogues will also reflect this, certainly. :D

i just wanted to ask if you have a little part of a dialouge or something to show us as a appetizer ?

Yes, I'll post something when I finish getting my computer sorted out. It's still not behaving properly. All hail blue screens of death every other hour or so. :D

Just wondering, will Tabiyao have been involved in a previous relationship of a sexual nature? Don't bother answering if it would give away too much of the plot.

You know, this is one of those details I've not completely decided on either way.  I can think up plenty of reasons to justify her being either experienced or a bit naive.  Each has its own merits.  What do y'all think makes more sense, keeping in mind her somewhat confined upbringing, yet also the fact that she's a Sunite through and through..

Well, it would depend on her age and upbringing. Being raised as and around paladins , it seems unlikely she would engage in sexual activities before marriage. But then again, I'm far from being a D+D powerhouse, so I do not know if paladins actually prohibit this behavior or not.

Well, it would depend on her age and upbringing. Being raised as and around paladins , it seems unlikely she would engage in sexual activities before marriage. But then again, I'm far from being a D+D powerhouse, so I do not know if paladins actually prohibit this behavior or not.

Actually, this is one of those instances where it would depend on which god/goddess the paladin served.

Some of them would be like the Roman Catholic priests and would require celibacy, others would allow marriage, and yet others wouldn't care too much either way.

Sune falls in this category...she is the goddess of love in all its forms...so, she wouldn't be one to require to necessarily enforce monogamy. However, she would require her paladin to be in love with that person, for example.

Sune falls in this category...she is the goddess of love in all its forms...so, she wouldn't be one to require to necessarily enforce monogamy.  However, she would require her paladin to be in love with that person, for example.

Exactly, Bri.  Right now I'm leaning towards there not ever having been a special someone in Tabiya's life.  So there's probably no serious relationships in her past, and almost certainly nothing sexual.  Her paladin order is vastly different from orders such as the Radiant Heart, however..Sune's followers would naturally be a bit more..open-minded..in all things romantic, I imagine.

I doubt the goddess of love would have any problem with her paladins being involved with all sorts of romantic goings-on. Reminds them what they're fighting for.  :D

yep!!! :D:D:D

any love triangles planned???

conflict with aerie, jaheira, viccy...

anomen...

now if the pc was female, and ano was in the party, i could definately see him leaving due to jelousy...

it would be a major blow to his ego, after all... :D

I think Bri's right. She was last seen on FWP around the same time as her last post here (Nov 18), so I think it's either RL issues or comp troubles. Or maybe...

SH3 L3FFT T3H MODDNGG COMMUN1733 FOR3VARR!!!!!!11111111111111!!!!!!!!!

*wanders off to ban himself*

It would be a pity indeed if she has left. This seemeed to be an interesting project. I very often play a paladin type characters myself (though I have tried to reduce that lately) and having a someone different from the standards set by the radiant heart (ie. paladind from a different order) would have been nice.  

I would have had some questions regarding Tabiya, but I'll save them untill (hopefully) Jess is back.

-Meira

Sune falls in this category...she is the goddess of love in all its forms...so, she wouldn't be one to require to necessarily enforce monogamy.  However, she would require her paladin to be in love with that person, for example.

hmmm... as far as the fall to evil thing goes, perhaps this could enter it, and maybe give a few extra quests... her lover was murdered by someone, and she goes a bit overboard as far as revenge goes, and falls that way? Just a thought...

Archived