The Obligatory Ding0 Thread

SimDing0

Uh, probably not. Most of the quests planned so far don't need the NPCs in the party; a large proportion of the quests are linked in some manner to stuff already in the game (such as Pellhus Tanislove, though I'll not post spoilers). The NPCs themselves might have their own quests too, though.

Uh, probably not. Most of the quests planned so far don't need the NPCs in the party; a large proportion of the quests are linked in some manner to stuff already in the game (such as Pellhus Tanislove, though I'll not post spoilers). The NPCs themselves might have their own quests too, though.

That's good, but why then can't they be separated from the quest component?

Because the NPCs' quest will require the new areas, as will many of the quests.

BTW since several NPCs are well on their way to completion, the only way to give quests priority over NPCs would be to build a time machine. I'm afraid I lack the technical know-how for that.

Because the NPCs' quest will require the new areas, as will many of the quests.

BTW since several NPCs are well on their way to completion, the only way to give quests priority over NPCs would be to build a time machine.  I'm afraid I lack the technical know-how for that.

Start moving faster than light, go somewhere, then reverse (still faster than light) and go exactly where you were some time ago.

See also here for other ideas.

[/spam]

Believe it or not, there's actually a fairly good reason why wormholes are mentioned in the Noobermeet forum description (though the second link is actually from the Delainy forum). :) I love that we get so many thread hijacks for physics.

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...869&hl=wormhole

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...=16&hl=wormhole

edit: And wow, the thread ID for the seond thread is #16, meaning it was one of the very, very first threads here. Back when we were on Ikonboard. And called the Delainy forums. And on camagna.net.

I think one of the main issues with a wormhole-type time machine is while it is fine in theory, in practice you could/would get feedback loops of photons going through and reinforcing themselves in an infinite loop (which would then close the wormhole). So, yeah, them existing does not necessarily mean it is possible to use them. Like public toilets.

And although I realise I am one of the main culprits here, could I encourage any further discussion off-topic to Noobermeet? :)

EDIT: Hehe, crossposting with Cam.

Archived