BG2 ToB game crash at save (mac: leopard)

Guest Tucker Netherton

Guest Tucker Netherton

I finally received SoA and ToB and installed all of the patches, fixes, and tweaks I wanted. However, whenever I attempted to save the game (quicksave or manual save), the save would fail and I would be asked if wanted to continue. After replacing the temp file with a new temp file, I found that the problem persisted.

Finally, I read somewhere that BG2 does not like my dual core processor. I manually disabled one of the CPU's on my dual core mac book pro by opening terminal and typing

hwprefs

this command brings up a registry of commands to monitor, disable,and enable processors.

Steps:

0) open Terminal

1)So, before you launch BG2, type "hwprefs cpu_disable {1}" then enter

2)when you are finished playing type "hwprefs cpu_enable {1}" then enter

Cheers!

The temp folder will remain (once you've deleted the file and created the folder, it'll stick around forever unless you move or delete it).

You need to disable Spotlight indexing of the Baldur's Gate II folder (it interferes with the way the game quickly copies then deletes data when saving).

The temp folder will remain (once you've deleted the file and created the folder, it'll stick around forever unless you move or delete it).

You need to disable Spotlight indexing of the Baldur's Gate II folder (it interferes with the way the game quickly copies then deletes data when saving).

Guest Umasuki

No! The problem is actually two bmp files in the temp folder. Each time you try to save the game after ex. Identifying an item, it may crash!

What you do then is when it asks you if you want to quit, you go to the temp folder and delete the two bmp, the picture is your main person and accessory. Then continue the game and save as usual:)

It should work. It is a bit of a pain to do. But it works.

Archived