Help with BG2 Mekrath's Area + Very Low Hp On Level

Guest chief

Hey there, currently playin BG2 with expansion with the BG 2 Fixpack + Tweak packs (if you need specifics on what was specifically installed lmk). Originally I was running BG2 SoA (no exp.) with same mods installed but then I found my ToB cd, re-installed game (couldn't get SoA to add rest of cd's so completely re-installed)

but kept save game) and re-modded it.

My installation order for both original install + 2nd (with ToB): install, offical patch, fixpack, tweakpack.

#1: While playing the Sewers in the Temple district I went up the secret entrance to find Mekrath. I can loot the bookcases and talk/fight mekrath fine and haer'dalis spawns normally but when i try to enter the rest of his compound (ie. go to the Southeast) the game crashes immediately every time.

#2: Another glitch that I get is every time I level up, after installing, re-installing and uninstalling the Maximum HP and Max HP for Party NPC's mods my characters only get 1-3 HP per level. As a work around i've been using the infinity engine sg editor as a workaround but that's tiresome and takes away from the fun.

Thanks for your help!

Hey Chief, sounds to my limited experience like some things have gotten screwed up during some install/uninstalls. The first problem sounds like it might be the spawning script for the rooms in the SE area of Mekrath's dungeon (or was that the SE section of the sewers?) is finding something wrong and is crashing the game. The second definitely sounds as though the uninstall of MaxHP has gone awry somehow.

So that someone who knows the code better than I can help, it would be a good idea to post the contents of your WeiDU log (should be in the game's base directory).

The second definitely sounds as though the uninstall of MaxHP has gone awry somehow.
No, as the characters over the level 10 always only gain 1 to 3 hitpoints, with warriors(fighters, rangers and paladins) this already starts from level 10, and there should be some others...
The second definitely sounds as though the uninstall of MaxHP has gone awry somehow.
No, as the characters over the level 10 always only gain 1 to 3 hitpoints, with warriors(fighters, rangers and paladins) this already starts from level 10, and there should be some others...

hmm well if tahts true, can anyone help me with the first problem?

IIUYC, you're using a saved game from before you re-installed and added the mods. If so, that might be the problem because saved games use what the game was at the time it was saved. That's why you see everyone asking if they should start a new game.

In a different vein, when I have a CTD, sometimes I can work around it by clearing out both the game's temp folder and the cache folder (ONLY those two - I made the mistake one time of emptying the contents of a different folder and ended up having to re-install the game) :)

Good luck.

John

Whoops, I hadn't thought of that, I figured Chief was still at the stage where you were rolling for hit points (I'm sure you can still be in that territory for multi-class characters and certain high XP requiring single classes). Guess I should check more before giving advice. :(

Archived