Romance oddities

Grunker

Hi. I'm currently making a run through Shadows of Amn, and could use a tip or two. I'm romancing Aerie and Jaheira, and haven't decided who it should be yet. During a conversation with Aerie, she said her "life on the ground suxxors, and you do to"-lines, to which I replied she should stay strong. After that, I didn't get replies for some time, so I thought I'd do a CLUA just to check. And yep; romance was inactive. No problem, I just set the global to 2, and it picked up where it left of (Aerie apologised).

Suddenly though, Jaheira was kind of silent. Her romance had been completed suddenly; the global was set to 3. It isn't an earthshattering baddy, 'cause I was probably gonna romance Aerie anyways. BUT, I've never seen the romance-conflict between the two, so I'm kindda curious, and hoping this can be resovled. Setting the global to 2 doesn't help, it just stays on 3.

On a note, I haven't had the "choose-between-us"-talk yet.

- Casper

I believe that setting one RomanceActive variable to 2 automatically sets the other(s) to 3. There are some conflict banters between Aerie and Jaheira, but I'm not sure that there was a "choose between us" style dialogue, unless it's in a mod. As far as I remember, whichever romance is progressed fastest through "wins" over the others.

I believe that setting one RomanceActive variable to 2 automatically sets the other(s) to 3. There are some conflict banters between Aerie and Jaheira, but I'm not sure that there was a "choose between us" style dialogue, unless it's in a mod. As far as I remember, whichever romance is progressed fastest through "wins" over the others.

Okay? Then it's no nevermind I guess. I was just told that there would be "choose-between-us"-type of dialogue. If you first line i correct, I guess there's nothing to do about it.

As I recall it, the girls interject into each other's LTs. It should get to the point where in one such talk, you get options along the lines of ...

"Aerie's right, Jaheira. I've never thought of you in ... that way." (AERIE'S ROMANCE CONTINUES)

"You know how much I care about you, Jaheira. Don't listen to Aerie." (JAHEIRA'S ROMANCE CONTINUES)

"I hate you both." (NO ROMANCE)

Something along those lines, at least.

It might depend on whether you'ev got older style interjects on. If you do, Jaheira/Aerie might not be able to see the other for one reason or another (intervening terrain or character, invisibility, blindness, etc) and they won't jump into the other's dialogue. It could also be because you got to RomanceActive =2 without that particular talk coming up (I can't remember if both Aerie and Jaheira have it, or just one of them).

Archived