Help with BG2 Mekrath's Area + Very Low Hp On Level

Guest chief

Hey there, currently playin BG2 with expansion with the BG 2 Fixpack + Tweak packs (if you need specifics on what was specifically installed lmk). Originally I was running BG2 SoA (no exp.) with same mods installed but then I found my ToB cd, re-installed game (couldn't get SoA to add rest of cd's so completely re-installed)

but kept save game) and re-modded it.

My installation order for both original install + 2nd (with ToB): install, offical patch, fixpack, tweakpack.

#1: While playing the Sewers in the Temple district I went up the secret entrance to find Mekrath. I can loot the bookcases and talk/fight mekrath fine and haer'dalis spawns normally but when i try to enter the rest of his compound (ie. go to the Southeast) the game crashes immediately every time.

#2: Another glitch that I get is every time I level up, after installing, re-installing and uninstalling the Maximum HP and Max HP for Party NPC's mods my characters only get 1-3 HP per level. As a work around i've been using the infinity engine sg editor as a workaround but that's tiresome and takes away from the fun.

Thanks for your help!

(Note I posted this both in general modding and tweak pack, please help i don't want to play further with the risk of having to restart)

#2: Another glitch that I get is every time I level up, after installing, re-installing and uninstalling the Maximum HP and Max HP for Party NPC's mods my characters only get 1-3 HP per level. As a work around i've been using the infinity engine sg editor as a workaround but that's tiresome and takes away from the fun.

I don't know about #1, but getting 1-3 HP per level is perfectly normal for characters above levels 9 or 10 (depending on class), regardless of whether or not the tweak is installed. The max HP tweak only affects the first 9 or 10 levels, where hit points are rolled. After that, any character only gets a set amount per level up (1 for mages/sorcers, 2 for thieves/bards/monks/clerics/druids and 3 for fighters/barbarians/rangers/paladins.) That's how 2nd ed. AD&D works.

For further explanation:

http://forums.bioware.com/forums/viewforum.html?forum=17

It would be a problem with one of the .cre files there...

Have you had any issues with things like Yuan-ti, Umber Hulks or Salamanders? If not, try spawning some in, and we will find the issue. :(

Does it happen when walking over there or simply putting the screen there?

Icen

Archived