What does DavidW think of changing dispel magic

culmore

To DavidW

there is a change being talked about on the Spell Revisions forum to dispel/remove magic. The main motivation behind this change is to stop high level mages / liches removing many of a parties buffs by one cast of the level three spell remove magic. So the change is relevant to both the SR mod and your scs2 mod. I was wondering if you have any thoughts on the subject

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=16329

To DavidW

there is a change being talked about on the Spell Revisions forum to dispel/remove magic. The main motivation behind this change is to stop high level mages / liches removing many of a parties buffs by one cast of the level three spell remove magic. So the change is relevant to both the SR mod and your scs2 mod. I was wondering if you have any thoughts on the subject

I'm not terribly keen, to be honest. The ability to strip buffs (in both directions) seems necessary as a counter to the sheer number of buffs a player can put up. In principle I can see the case for having "lesser" and "greater" dispel magics as in 3rd edition, but in practice I'm not likely to be able to support that radical a change in the spell system. I also feel that these issues are hugely subjective: this is the first time I've come across these problems with Remove Magic being raised in the context of SCS2, which makes me sceptical that it's really true that "most SCS2 users" want the change. Sorry if that sounds too negative!

Archived