Prebuffing mages too hard?

Guest Hurkyl

Ok. I installed the SCSII component (as I'm playing BGT and it's preferred to its SCS equivalent). Spell Thrust worked 4 out of 4 tries. I then uninstalled the component, going back to SR's version, and Spell Thrust worked 3 out of 5 tries. I admit that's a low number of tries, but it would seem SCS's and SR's versions of the spell are different in that respect. I'll reinstall and try a couple more times to confirm.

EDIT :

SCS : 0% failure over 10 tries

SR : 40% failure over 10 tries

This is indeed strange...but I'll look into it tonight then.

Well, comparing the two pro files I can say they are 100% identical, except that David greatly increased the AoE from 5 to 15 feet radius. I didn't knew he did that, but he probably did to help players because the small AoE may easily miss a moving target.

I'll try to find some time to test it in-game tonight.

I've just arrived at Nashkel Mines, and a small group of kobolds terminated my party. They were supported by a kobold scribe, who kept casting level 4 spells. :( On top of all that, he had Minor Globe of Invulnerability, Stoneskin, etc. prebuffed. :p

This is ridiculous. :laugh: My party members are at level 3 on the average, and a pathetic kobold wizard can put them down almost single handedly! :blush: That kobold has to be at level 7 minimum. :laugh: More powerful than some wizards in the game.

I installed this mod because I found vanilla BG too easy and unimaginative, but here even the weakest monsters are way too overpowered. Beating gnolls for example was a very hard job, and the reward is just a few experience points. My warriors keep swinging their swords for minutes before they can hit a bloody gnoll, but the opponent's attacks are much more effective.

I begin to think that this mod is for die hard fanatics only.

It is a tough fight indeed, but doable. I use web, wands, potions and loads of arrows/ backstabbing. I don're recall MGoI and Stoneskin you mean the party next to the spidercave inside the Nashkel Mines?

Perhaps your WeiDu.log would help also...

I'm not hardcore but found loads of improvements in BG with SCS. SCS is also very modular, so if a component seems impossible, you can uninstall it.

Cheers

I've just arrived at Nashkel Mines, and a small group of kobolds terminated my party. They were supported by a kobold scribe, who kept casting level 4 spells. :laugh: On top of all that, he had Minor Globe of Invulnerability, Stoneskin, etc. prebuffed. :blush:

There are no "kobold scribes" in SCS, and no 7th level kobold wizards. I assume this is from some other mod - BGSpawn, at a guess.

My warriors keep swinging their swords for minutes before they can hit a bloody gnoll, but the opponent's attacks are much more effective.

SCS makes no modifications to the attacks or armour classes of gnolls. Either this is again some other mod, or you're just misremembering the game's standard difficulty.

Archived