How do I remove select parts of improved minor encounters?

AzureDrag0n1

In particular I do not like the golem immunity to lower resist or removal of arrows of dispelling. It is problematic with certain mods. I like all the other components though and don't really want to remove the whole thing just to get rid of those 2.

You have to do it manually, I'm afraid. Open the file "minor.tph" in the scsii/misc directory. Delete (or comment out by putting /* at the start and */ at the end) the blocks corresponding to the bits you don't like (it should be reasonably obvious which these are). Then reinstall that component.

Which mods do those blocks cause problems for?

Ok thanks. I forget but there is a quest you can not get away from and do it later if you take it that has a lot of golems you have to fight. It creates new areas and I probably took it too early and I only had 1 +3 weapon to fight adamantine golem.

Edit:

Also what does the twisted rune upgrade do if you already have tactics installed? I really do not think making this fight even harder is something I should do. If tactics was installed first and then SCSII how do they behave differently? I noticed the mage still seems to abuse the SotM to its maximum potential but I did not take a good look at it as taking it on at level 15 seems a bit much.

Ok thanks. I forget but there is a quest you can not get away from and do it later if you take it that has a lot of golems you have to fight. It creates new areas and I probably took it too early and I only had 1 +3 weapon to fight adamantine golem.

Edit:

Also what does the twisted rune upgrade do if you already have tactics installed? I really do not think making this fight even harder is something I should do. If tactics was installed first and then SCSII how do they behave differently? I noticed the mage still seems to abuse the SotM to its maximum potential but I did not take a good look at it as taking it on at level 15 seems a bit much.

As far as I recall, SCSII will mostly overwrite the tactics component. The main exception is that Tactics' rune assassins and skull traps will still be present.

Archived