Version 7

DavidW

I am in the process of collating the various unofficial and semi-official corrections to the Fixpack over this last year into an "official" release of version 7. It's not clear exactly who is authorised to do this, but I at least have the access rights to do it :(

So:

1) if anyone on the original Fixpack team has any objection to me doing this - or if they're already doing it themselves - please let me know asap.

2) similarly, if anyone who's posted an unofficial fix in this forum objects to their work being used in a rerelease of the fixpack, please let me know. (Obviously, you get a credit if your work gets included.)

Thank you! :(

This is excellent news - I've been getting more and more confused by all the bugs and their fixes that have been posted on here after v6. :( Considering the fact that the Fixpack is highly recommended for and seems fundamental to every BG2 install, an updated "official" release is certainly long-awaited and most welcome.

Can't wait for this! :(

We all can nothing but thank you DavidW for taking matters in your hands.

There are many who contributed small fixes after Nythrun's (I miss her so...) excellent .tp2 update but noone ever mentioned working on an official release.

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

OK, I have DevSin's blessing to do this, so it should appear in the next few days. I'm taking Nythrun's latest hotfix as a starting point, and incorporating various bugfixes to that hotfix.

I'm incorporating a very few "new" fixes, but I'm being incredibly conservative about it, not least because it's not my mod. The only things I'm including are those where (a) it seems (to me!) completely unambiguous it's a bug, and (b) a fix is easily tested. That works out as:

Icendoan's fix to Ployer

Icendoan's fix to Dirbert

Wisp's fix to the Seeking Sword

Taimon's fix to Nalia's dialogue

Jastey's observation about repeated removal of Tolgerias

(in most cases I've tweaked the posted code for various reasons)

I would also like to include Immortality's update to the Spanish translation, but I can't seem to download it. Could someone post a copy of the tra files?

this topic mentions the problem (Saemon doesn't spawn when you have the horn) - I don't know if anybody has fixed the bug or something.

Thanks.

I'm unable to reproduce this in-game, and I can't see anything in the code that would produce it. So pending more data, I'm going to put this down to a local problem.

Also - did you look at the from the BWP fixpack? Given how BWP works, I'm sure that the BWP fixpack includes FP fixes that haven't been reported upstream.

I've looked, a bit, but I've been erring massively on the side of conservativeness

as regards new fixes.

I'm unable to reproduce this in-game, and I can't see anything in the code that would produce it. So pending more data, I'm going to put this down to a local problem.

I've had this problem as well across three different playthroughs, and in all instances removing the FP Beta component fixed the issue (and I've seen a number of other instances of this across the forums, but you'll have to excuse me for not looking them up). If FP Beta isn't causing this alone, it must be an incompatibility with some common mod. Given how the FP Beta works, I guess the best course of action would be to temporarily comment out the Saemon patches from that component.

OK, I have DevSin's blessing to do this, so it should appear in the next few days. I'm taking Nythrun's latest hotfix as a starting point, and incorporating various bugfixes to that hotfix.

You may wish to check out some of the fixes in Nythrun's 6.2 thread as well - I don't think this code has made it into a hotfix yet.

I'm incorporating a very few "new" fixes, but I'm being incredibly conservative about it, not least because it's not my mod. The only things I'm including are those where (a) it seems (to me!) completely unambiguous it's a bug, and (b) a fix is easily tested.

I tried to separate the unambiguous from the ambiguous in the core fixes of my usability check. The few potentially subjective exceptions (listed below) I wouldn't mind leaving out, but the rest I consider pretty important. If you'd like to discuss any of them or hear my reasoning behind them, I've thought pretty long about all of them. :(

Usabilities: -FtWS ring37, -FtWS ring38

Adding Kits to Descriptions: +DrAv 17489 plat06 39543 plat18 66421 plat20, +FtBb 39536 plat11 39542 plat17 39543 plat18, +FtKe +PaCa 10043 dart02 10044 dart03 10045 dart04 (and iffier +RaBM @106 cdnebdag 8904 nebdag +DrSh 39555 leat21, +RaBM 39471 sw2h08)

I noticed you didn't mention the 'disallow monks from using grandmaster armor fix' (my stuff includes this) - this bug was introduced by the fixpack.

Finally, the Harper's Call fix is pretty straight-forward (problem described here).

Usabilities: -FtWS ring37, -FtWS ring38
What are these again?

Adding Kits to Descriptions: +DrAv 17489 plat06 39543 plat18 66421 plat20, +FtBb 39536 plat11 39542 plat17 39543 plat18, +FtKe +PaCa 10043 dart02 10044 dart03 10045 dart04 (and iffier +RaBM @106 cdnebdag 8904 nebdag +DrSh 39555 leat21, +RaBM 39471 sw2h08)
Unfortunately, these will probably have to wait (the GTU is evil, and the default game doesn't list kits at all in usability lists).

I noticed you didn't mention the 'disallow monks from using grandmaster armor fix' (my stuff includes this) - this bug was introduced by the fixpack.
I'm definitely in favor of this (not only as armor, but it's clear the designers didn't want monks to be able to equip perma-haste items at all).

Finally, the Harper's Call fix is pretty straight-forward (problem described here).
And this if the code is really setting instead of incrementing (ouch).

Archived