116 TakePartyItem(S:Item*)

plainab

So I've been able to get a hold of a copy of totsc and since I've been working on the bg fixpack I thought that I'd do a little testing of things.

Some or all of this information maybe known but I've not seen it all in one location so here goes.

TakePartyItem(S:Item*) has the same behavior in vanilla and in totsc. That behavior is to take ALL of the first available stack from the inventory of the given item.

Inventory pattern is as follows:

0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14

1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15

Using two TakePartyItem's for the same item in the same action block results in the second one being ignored. Either that or it's processed but both actions target the same inventory slot and so the second one appears to do nothing.

Advantages of Totsc to help work around this issue:

If added, ToTSC can use the various NumItemParty triggers from BG2. And unlike vanilla, ToTSC does auto stack items when being moved on the inventory and store screens.

So in the case of Oublek and Prism's Emeralds:

Vanilla can be set to prevent the exploit of selling them one at a time by splitting the stack or dropping them one at a time. However, the player would be left with an emerald if they did try to do the exploit.

ToTSC can be set to prevent the exploit in the same manner. And it can be set to allow only two of the emeralds to exist within the party before displaying the appropriate responses for the player to choose. Those who would wonder "What the heck is going on?", when they try to claim the bounty are those who've waited till late in the game and are carrying around an emerald or two from BG City or who have cheated in a bunch of emeralds.

Archived