Weird efreeti bug

Guest guest

I ran across the dao and efreeti in the north forest i think its called, and the dao died easy enough but the efreeti turned into a gaseous cloud like a bat and just stayed like that on death, i was walking away and this turned into an efreeti again at full hp, so i killed it again and waited this time, and it came back again, so i killed it and waited again, it did it once more, so this time when i killed it (3rd time or so) i attacked the gaseous cloud too thinking that's what i need to do, but it took no damage and came back again, so i kept attacking the returning efreeti and about the 5/6th time it finally 'died' and gave me exp, it did not turn into a gaseous cloud on this actual death. No idea where this came from, i think i read in SCSII's version releases in readme somthing about djinni/efreet's being clouds, can't remember. Is it meant to come back so many times? you just end up corpse camping it tbh.

Also i noticed these 2 enemies seem strange, because normally the dao is the one with legs and the efreeti is the one that floats/has that swirling alladin type look, but it was reversed here: Dao had floating avatar and efreeti the legs, i think this is something i noticed before from vanilla game, so maybe why it wasn't changed, but maybe it should be, i don't know.

I think it's an old issue genies being able to turn into gaseous form too much times...I experienced it myself with SCS but I thought it was fixed.

Also i noticed these 2 enemies seem strange, because normally the dao is the one with legs and the efreeti is the one that floats/has that swirling alladin type look, but it was reversed here: Dao had floating avatar and efreeti the legs, i think this is something i noticed before from vanilla game, so maybe why it wasn't changed, but maybe it should be, i don't know.
Both Dao and Efreeti have legs, the Djinni shouldn't have them, but vanilla's BG may have done some confusion on this matter.

Archived