SCSII and Adalon's Blood

jastey

Hi DavidW,

is it SCSII that closes Ust Natha's city gates after the PC left the city with Adalon's eggs? For the mod Adalon's Blood (Rosenranken), it is necessary to return to the city after delivering the eggs, so it would be great if this could be made compatible (if it is SCSII that closes the gates).

The fact that with "Slightly Improved Drow" a returning to the hostile city is kind of a suicide is a different ptoblem the player has to solve for himself... :D

Hi DavidW,

is it SCSII that closes Ust Natha's city gates after the PC left the city with Adalon's eggs? For the mod Adalon's Blood (Rosenranken), it is necessary to return to the city after delivering the eggs, so it would be great if this could be made compatible (if it is SCSII that closes the gates).

The fact that with "Slightly Improved Drow" a returning to the hostile city is kind of a suicide is a different ptoblem the player has to solve for himself... :D

Yeah, it's SCS's fault.

I wonder if the right solution might be just to make the improved-city bit of SCSII incompatible with Adalon's Blood though, since - as you say - going back to the city once hostile is pretty suicidal with that component installed. If you agree, I'll put a flag in SCSII to detect Adalon's Blood and block that option (the player would still be able to install the other part of Improved Drow City).

Hallo, it was me who found the incompatibility...

First: Thanks for SCSII. One of the best mods I've played.

The problem: If you can read German and are interested in the background story: http://kerzenburg.nightisforum.de/showthre...7576#post907576

Slightly Improved Drow, normal City Defences is TOTALLY compatible with the Silver Dragon Blood mod, I just tested it.

The problem was, that, if one installs also the Improved city defence, a) the city gate closes (what is actually very good, because guys like me would try to kill some Drow, leave, rest, kill some more etc.), but one cannot go back only via Console) to kill the Aboleth. Second, the Aboleth, if he is killed, sets the city to hostile. If the city is already hostile (so the script is already runnig), crash to desktop...

So all in all: One should simply install the Improved Drow, letting the city defences alone. That's better anyway, since the roleplaying-ideas of both mods (if one chooses Drow AND defences) are also "incompatible".

But since I have the problem in my install: Is it possible to prevent the city from becomeing hostile via console? To turn of the Defences part completely? Or at least to prevent Drow to spawn? (I saw thet reducing is possible; and I cannot change my installation without a lot of errors at other places...). I have to prevent the script from coming into action... (and then hope, that, when the Aboleth makes the city hostile when he dies, that he does not try to ativate the normal script, which is probably not aviable anymore...)

Would it be too much to ask for a component which allows to just assault the city and retrieve the eggs? :D For example I can't see a paladin driven party doing this part of the game.

I know with Improved Drow it probably means certain death, and that most players wouldn't do it just because with this path there are so many items/quests which would be lost...but it would be quite fun to try out such a near impossible challenge, and a very nice roleplaying feature.

Feel free to discard the idea entirely if it takes too much time to code.

Me again, quick: Crash to Desktop had nothing to do with Silver Dragon Mod oder SCSII. Aboleth fired Flesh to Stone Ray on me, I was hit after final text and due to Problem with Bigg's Flesh to Stone Fix and Free Action the Game crashed. Very bad coincidence (actually I understood it only because I could not reproduce the situation again...)

The is ONLY the Problem with the door...

Demivrgvs: Adalon herself wouldn't be gald if the PC just went attacking the city - she could try herself, but it's her eggs that are in danger and why she has to retrieve them undercover.

DavidW: If the city gates get blocked by a component of SCSII, then a solution would be indeed cool. Another question first: I have no explanation for the CTD that was reported if the aboleth in the Adalon's Blood mod turns the city hostile. It does it before it dies, and all that is behind the code is setting "SetGlobal("DrowCityHostile","GLOBAL",1)". Did SCSII do anything with that variable that could lead to a crash if setting it again? I am clueless. EDIT: Just saw the new post. OK, so the CTD is no problem here. Cool!

As to the hostile city and compatibility: I assume SCSII makes it possible to leave the city, if it turned hostile while the party was inside (since this can happen in the game)? If so, assumed the PC manages to fulfill the Adalon's Blood quest while the city is still friendly - would there be any problem with SCSII and the closed gates? This would mean that he returns while the city is still friendly, fights the aboleth, who turns the city hostile upon its death, and the PC then has to get out of an hostile city. Since he is on the first platform right in front of the gates, that should be feasible.

To achieve that the city remains friendly, I will add a prolongation to the timer that triggers the hostile city after the deamon ritual (by setting it new while it is still running). So my question is: Do you think this would work? What changes does SCSII to the scripting of the city turns hostile that could lead to further incompatibilities?

Thank you for your cooperation!

I have one more question to my question above: How would I detect the door to the city is locked? I will add this to Adalon's Blood, so if the PC took too long to do the quest and the city is hostile, it cannot be finished. That would make the mods fully compatible.

Archived