general feedback

dizzyorange

Playing through v8 with Ascension, Wheels v2, fixpack...etc installed. I'm currently at lvl 17ish with a party of four, finished most chap 2 quests except for Kangaxx, liches, twisted rune, and some stronghold stuff.

I've really enjoyed the 30 or so hours I've put into this game and am looking forward to (hopefully) 30 more. This is my 1 1/2 time playing SCS II, only got through about half of chapter 2 last time (v2 or v3). I installed all the components except Watcher's Keep in between SoA and ToB (a little worried about how that might lead to bugs). I picked mage pre-casting option 2 and priests option 1. I liked having HLA in SoA enemies as well. The increased HP options are GREAT. Its funny dragons had the same HP as your character.

I'm playing:

Neutral Evil Half-Orc Kensai/Mage (cliche, but its a 1st for me)

Viconia (Archer/Cleric)

Korgan (berserker)

Yoshimo (bounty hunter)

Okay, so there is some illegal & cheesy stuff going on with Viconia's class with the help of lvl1npcs but hey, I'm not really not too good at this game. Last time through (v2) I stopped playing because the Yuan-Ti mages would slaughter me time and time again. This time toned down the difficulty level with mage pre-casting at 2.

Some highlights from the game so far:

Ogre-Mage in Irenicus's Dungeon

Mencar Pebblecrusher & company epic battle from one end of the promenade to the other

Planar prison (tough)

Beholder surprise ambush in sewer & unseeing eye lair (shield stolen?, ARGHH)

The rakshasa in the druid grove

Tarnor the Hatchetman & company

Mae'var died 4 times before beating him

Torgal (goshdarn yuan-ti mages are stronger than vanilla Irenicus, but more managable at pre-cast "2")

Lich in shadow dragon temple 4th try

Crooked crane lich (gave up after 8 tries, going to wait until after underdark)

Guarded compound a little easy *

Planar sphere a little easy *

Mind flayer area in sewer alhoons are FUN (thank goodness intelligence potions stack)

Shadow Dragon epic fight! 2nd try

Firkragg another epic fight! 3rd try

*I realize these are probably much more difficult with full precasting enabled.

The dragon AI was really fun, they were active and intelligent in assessing the relative danger of each party member/summon. But they had a little ADHD too. The dragon didn't go "for the kill" often enough. It seemed like after injuring a target a lot, it would blow it away and turn away instead of concentrating its attacks until the target was dead.

Now off to tackle RR's Improved Shadow Thief hall and head off to brynnlaw. I'm looking forward to seeing what'll be different in Spellhold this time. Thanks as always DavidW for a great mod.

Btw, it's too bad there isn't a centralized place of discussion for all SCS II. It's scattered across a few places. Bug reports end up here... there is some great stuff in the no-reload threads over at the Bioware forums.

I'm too lazy: could you post a link?

Thanks

Lantier completed no-reload run with Ascension and much of SCSII. Started here (sort of), restarted here, continued here, here and here.

jiansonz is currently running a no-reload through all of SCS. Started here, continued here, here and is currently here.

If you have the fortitude to make it through my posts, I started a SCS-lite run here (pardon the bad fiction in the two first posts), died under silly circumstances and continued writing here. I just started a SCSII run here.

It is a lot to read and if you are only interested in SCS(II) stuff, it is comparatively far between as well.

I don't think I have overlooked anyone posting recently (though I am terribly sorry if I did).

I'm too lazy: could you post a link?

Thanks

Lantier completed no-reload run with Ascension and much of SCSII. Started here (sort of), restarted here, continued here, here and here.

jiansonz is currently running a no-reload through all of SCS. Started here, continued here, here and is currently here.

If you have the fortitude to make it through my posts, I started a SCS-lite run here (pardon the bad fiction in the two first posts), died under silly circumstances and continued writing here. I just started a SCSII run here.

It is a lot to read and if you are only interested in SCS(II) stuff, it is comparatively far between as well.

I don't think I have overlooked anyone posting recently (though I am terribly sorry if I did).

Thanks a lot

Archived