Level1NPCs installation problem

Guest Mumme

Got it. A typo in level1npcs, in the special-case code for NeJ2.

Replace level1npcs/level1npcs.tp2 with this one, and it should work, unless more typos spontaneously appear, medieval maggot-like:

We have tried an German installation of Level 1 NPCs with your fix, but the installation has many errors. Without your fix the installation is fine. :p

Do you know why we have this installation problems with your fix?

Here you get the Level1NPCs-Debug-File and the WeiDU.log.

Greetings Leomar

Guest Guest_erik_*

Looks like a problem in the changed "more closely match charname's experience" code on Tutu/BGT. Didn't test that. I'll give it a try on EasyTutu, thanks for the report!

Guest D. U. Bertie

Okay, thanks.

I know Nythrun made an appearance recently, but if you yourself are going to be providing some updates, could you perhaps take a look at this thread:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=12722

I think that topic was created after Nythrun's last version, and there seem to be a fair number of issues discussed in it. Nythrun appears to have fixed some of the issues in her local copy (according to her comments in the thread), but I don't know if we'll see another release by her.

Took a quick look at the first page, and lots of it has been fixed for ages. I mean, Nythrun has been gone for only months, not years! Some issues (well-equipped viconia at the stake) I've fixed, and some extra features (ie. dualclassing) are just hard/awkward.

Better to create new threads for Missing Stuff You'd Like based on current versions. Okay? The thread you point at is 2007 vintage and mildly confused :p

Guest D. U. Bertie

I haven't tried the mod recently so don't know if the following are fixed/changed:

The Aerie and Jaheira banter happening much too soon;

NPCs being given too many starting items (e.g. Valygar has three Katanas and two suits of armour);

Viccy having 8HP in BG2;

F/D cannot place a star in any weapon, only the regular druid weapons;

Sarevok starts with Chain Mail +2 rather than the Full Plate Mail +1 he gets in the unmodded game;

Change the text when talking to the Fate Spirit, so that any changes to an NPC's class are taken into account;

Give Coran a free star in long bows;

Change and rename the "Allow grandmastery for fighter multiclasses" component so it gives three options:

1. Mastery

2. High Mastery

3. Grand Mastery

I think those are the main points of that thread.

Leomar: This one works, on both EasyTutu and TOB. Ought to work fine on BGT as well.

http://anduin.net/~knan/bg2/level1npcs.tp2

(Should say v1.2eib6 in weidu.log)

... fixed "match more closely charname's xp" bug on EasyTutu/BGT, introduced earlier in eib3 or so

... fixed Xan erroneously being offered as a choice on plain BG2

Thank you very much. :p

We'll try and test it.

Greetings Leomar

Archived