Level1NPCs installation problem

Guest Mumme

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

erik, I've now managed to complete my testing of the current version:

The Aerie and Jaheira banter happening much too soon

Issue is still present. A similar thing happens when Nalia joins the party at level 1. I guess there could also be other NPCs that this happens with.

NPCs being given too many starting items

Issue is still present e.g. Valygar has three Katanas and two suits of armor, Jan has two crossbows and two suits of armor.

Viccy having 8HP in BG2

I've not been able to replicate the mob killing her (they always attacked my party instead) but maybe that's because I didn't have Sword Coast Strategems installed. She does, however, still only have 8HP (I Ctrl-Q'd her into the party to check). I'd like it if she was made invulnerable until the fanatics are dead.

F/D cannot place a star in any weapon, only the regular druid weapons

Issue is still present, unless you also install "Allow grandmastery for fighter multiclasses".

Sarevok starts with Chain Mail +2 rather than the Full Plate Mail +1 he gets in the unmodded game

Issue is still present.

Change the text when talking to the Fate Spirit, so that any changes to an NPC's class are taken into account

Fate Spirit text in current version lists old NPC class. Could such text changes be compatible with the Homeward Bound and Keeping Yoshimo mods?

Give Coran a free star in long bows

Not able to test this since I don't have Tutu installed

Change and rename the "Allow grandmastery for fighter multiclasses" component so it gives three options:

1. Mastery

2. High Mastery

3. Grand Mastery

Selecting the level of mastery isn't an option in the current version.

Finally, could you make the mod auto detect Item Revision's "Restrict Fighter/Druids to Armor that Druids Can Wear" component (L1NPCs does a similar thing with regard to Divine Remix)?

erik, I've now managed to complete my testing of the current version:

Interesting. Thanks! No promises, but having an up-to-date list of issues is helpful for me and the others active around here. :blush: Just one comment off-the-cuff:

Change the text when talking to the Fate Spirit, so that any changes to an NPC's class are taken into account

Fate Spirit text in current version lists old NPC class. Could such text changes be compatible with the Homeward Bound and Keeping Yoshimo mods?

This one is more difficult than it may seem, since it changes dialogue. Nothing else does, and thus the mod works well in languages it's not been translated to.

And "The Aerie and Jaheira banter" ... I'm not totally clear on this, which one would that happen to be? (edit: ah, right, the "too few hitpoints, eek" one - yes, good point, that'll hit many npcs. Can be fixed.)

Leomar: This one works, on both EasyTutu and TOB. Ought to work fine on BGT as well.

http://anduin.net/~knan/bg2/level1npcs.tp2

(Should say v1.2eib6 in weidu.log)

... fixed "match more closely charname's xp" bug on EasyTutu/BGT, introduced earlier in eib3 or so

... fixed Xan erroneously being offered as a choice on plain BG2

Thank you very much. :blush:

We'll try and test it.

Greetings Leomar

Oh, sorry, I've forget to give feedback. :blush:

We have tested it and it works great. Thanks for your help. We have included your fix in the BiG World Fixpack.

Greetings Leomar

F/D cannot place a star in any weapon, only the regular druid weapons

Issue is still present, unless you also install "Allow grandmastery for fighter multiclasses".

Fixed in v1.2eib7.

Give Coran a free star in long bows

Not able to test this since I don't have Tutu installed

Added for v1.3.

The Aerie and Jaheira banter happening much too soon

Issue is still present. A similar thing happens when Nalia joins the party at level 1. I guess there could also be other NPCs that this happens with.

Fixed for v1.3, for the ones I've found so far.

SOA: Jaheira-Aerie, Jaheira-Nalia, Keldorn-Jaheira, Mazzy-Jaheira.

Now's the time to speak up, if you know of any other low-HP-triggered banters in BG2/BGT/Tutu.

Finally, could you make the mod auto detect Item Revision's "Restrict Fighter/Druids to Armor that Druids Can Wear" component (L1NPCs does a similar thing with regard to Divine Remix)?

Doesn't look like mod component numbers are stable in Item Revisions yet. When Item Revisions adds DESIGNATED to their subcomponents so they can be detected in a stable way by mods installed later, sure. For Item Revisions v2 or earlier, no. :thumbsup:

Doesn't look like mod component numbers are stable in Item Revisions yet. When Item Revisions adds DESIGNATED to their subcomponents so they can be detected in a stable way by mods installed later, sure. For Item Revisions v2 or earlier, no. :thumbsup:

The current component numbers in v2 will be staying as they are in future versions of IR. The components will be given designated numbers matching their current ones in case future components are snuck in.

The current component numbers in v2 will be staying as they are in future versions of IR. The components will be given designated numbers matching their current ones in case future components are snuck in.

Excellent. :thumbsup:

Archived