Any party suggestions?

DocLem

I just found out about this mod and it sounds great! I may get to playing IWD2 after my playthrough with BG2. However, can't figure out which NPCs to take. I plan to play a Human male Monk PC, so which guys are the best to take? I hope there could be good party banters without missing much of the story as well as a romance.

Anybody? BTW, am not really interested in the same sex thing with Jaemal, though it seems I do have to take him for my spellcasting needs. I'm planning a Male Monk PC playthrough as well as a female PC playthrough. Any advice on what class and race to play for a female PC? I want to play both Diriel and Rizdaer for the female playthrough. Who are the ones to pick for that party?

If you like romance conflict, you could try:

Monk PC

Jaemal

Salomeya (she'll attempt to romance you, too, and Jaemal will flirt with her a little), but give her a couple levels of theif

Sir Nord

Hildury

Valeero or Diriel (you're going to need a cleric of some kind)

If you don't like romance conflict, and you wanted to go with a neutral/good party, you could try:

Monk PC

Jaemal

Sir Nord

Hilury

Nikosh

Valeero

If you're going for a neutral/evil slant:

Monk PC

Jaemal

Rizdaer

Nikosh

Salomeya

Diriel

My party of choice would be the first.

Sorry, folks, I was away on the course. Basically, you have a walk-through with the mod, duplicated on the mod's web-site, it has both primary romances and romantic conflicts.

For the male PC, your primary romances are Jaemal, Salomeya and Peony. In addition to this, Peony has hots for Rizdaer and will chose between him and your PC, Salomeya and Jaemal has a complex relationship. Prachi is the secondary conflict as well (and the unrealized romance's leftovers), but since you are playing a monk, I doubt you will be taking her in. If you are not a half-orc, Hildury won't have a proto-romance with you.

Basically, the 'classic' party is Nord, Hildury, Nikosh, Jaemal and Salomeya, no matter if you are playing a male or a female. The romance-heavy party for a male is Jaemal, Salomeya, Peony, Rizdaer and Prachi (but in your case, you probably want to replace Prachi w Nikosh).

Other than that, all of the characters are talkative, and will banter with one another, it's your choice of functionality vs compatibility with your tastes.

For a female character, Rizdaer, Diriel (only if you are a non-drow elf) and Jaemal as romances, will form the core of the party with some combination of Salomeya, Nikosh and Peony for the last 2 slots. Nikosh will only try to flirt with the female PC if she is a halfling or a gnome.

Hope that helps

Archived