Devas, Planetars and 1PP's attachable wings

Demivrgvs

If enemy planetars hitting with a vorpal causes permanent death to an npc, and player controlled planetars are killing dragons, then surely that's the main issue here, and should be fixed. I mean, come on, that ain't right.

Anyway for the sake of balance I may think about removing the vorpal effect...anyone else agree with Raj?
Not me.

I like the AD&D PnP version where the Devas carry a vorpal sword.

It's always so easy to please everyone. :D:D

If enemy planetars hitting with a vorpal causes permanent death to an npc, and player controlled planetars are killing dragons, then surely that's the main issue here, and should be fixed. I mean, come on, that ain't right.
I never experienced permanent death, vorpal swords just slay the target as a successful Finger of Death spell would do.

anyone else agree with Raj?
Me
I do too, but they really need something other goodies... or even better would be to make them to be controlled by the caster. :D

What do you mean by that? They do are controlled by the caster! And if you wish to completely remove their AI I've also added that feature in V2: select the creature, keep the cursor over it, press ctrl+D. Do the sama and press ctrl+E to enable it again.
I never experienced permanent death, vorpal swords just slay the target as a successful Finger of Death spell would do.

Actually that happens to me sometime, even with the SCS2 component that should prevent permadeath, but it's a erratic behaviour :D

Anyway for the sake of balance I may think about removing the vorpal effect...anyone else agree with Raj?
Not me.

I like the AD&D PnP version where the Devas carry a vorpal sword.

It's always so easy to please everyone. :D:D

Don't mind me.

Most people here seems to like the change better so go with it.

I just expressed my preference... :D

Hmm, very nice... now does the Fallen Divas weapon differentiate itself greatly from the normals one? :worship:

Remember the hair color alters the wing color.

Divas? :p I didn't thought much about it, I'd say flaming property may replace the disrupting one, and we may replace the stunning effect with a bleeding damage effect or something like that (either with poison or fire damage type). Any suggestion?

Ok, I've implemented them in the V3 installation. Diva's wings are much better now with a darker black color imo.

I've left Planetars unchanged, but it wouldn't take too much if we want to do a similar work for them, perhaps I can have them wear no armor, switch to light armor or try heavy armor. Let me know what you think and I'll do it.

Archived