(v7.1) Translation Updates and More

Mike1072

All right, I updated the small things first to correct the issues and you can get the current update here:

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?act=att...st&id=17188

The following is changed from the last update:

Line 800 (added the English lines):

AUTO_TRA ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/%s~

LANGUAGE
 ~English~
 ~english~
 ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/english/description_updates.tra~
 ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/english/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE
 ~Czech (Translation by Razfallow and Vlasák)~
 ~czech~
 ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/czech/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE
 ~Francais (Translation by Anomaly, Elgaern the Dragon Slayer, Isaya and elminster)~
 ~french~
 ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/french/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE
 ~Deutsch (Uebersetzung von Leonardo Watson, Caswallon und Jester)~
 ~german~
 ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/german/description_updates.tra~
 ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/german/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE
 ~Italiano (translation by Andrea Columbo; original EoU by Antonio Favata)~
 ~italian~
 ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/italian/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE
 ~Korean (Translation by web2air)~
 ~korean~
 ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/korean/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE
 ~Polski (Translation by yarpen, Artanis, dragionian, Evendur, Grjgori, and Neminus)~
 ~polish~
 ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/polish/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE
 ~Russian (Translation by Creepin, Domi, Kulyok, Serdrick, and aerie.ru)~
 ~russian~
 ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/russian/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE
 ~Espanol (traducido por Clan DLAN)~
 ~spanish~
 ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/spanish/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE
 ~Chinese (translated by Miranda)~
 ~chinese~
 ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/chinese/description_updates.tra~
 ~BG2_Tweaks/languages/chinese/setup.tra~

Line 4512 (deleted the English part)

REQUIRE_PREDICATE (("%LANGUAGE%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "chinese" = 0) OR
			   ("%LANGUAGE%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "german" = 0)) @7 // Chinese and German only (English is patched above)

Line 6077 (corrected OR)

ACTION_IF (("%LANGUAGE%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "chinese" = 0) OR
	   ("%LANGUAGE%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "german" = 0)) THEN BEGIN // Chinese and German only (English is patched above)

"Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent" untouched.

I'm not totally sure about how people using different languages play and install mods and might need more information before knowing how best to patch descriptions for them. If all of your text in-game is in German, in this component you'd just need to remove the German version of Armor Class. If instead you commonly have some text in German but other text in English, you'd want code to remove both lines.

How do gamer install a modded BG in their language? Take we as example the German version of BG1/BG2/ToB. You install the games, which are completely in German.

1.) Then the gamer decide if he want a modded game only in German, then he install only mods which have a German translation. If he has finished, the whole game is in German.

2.) Other gamers understand English and for them it is not important to have a game in German only. They want the mods they like. So they install the mods in German if they have a German translation and the other mods in English. So the game is in German in the most cases, but the game shows English text for the not translated mods. For example we take BG1 NPC Project. This mod is not available in German at the moment. If the gamer install only this mod on a German game, then all text is in German, but not the banters given through BG1 NPC Project. These texts are shown in English.

I like the idea like you patched the descriptions instead of overwriting them and I think this should be done for the German language, too, because no one knows, if the gamer uses a normal installation with the normal BG descriptions, or if he uses a modded installation with Item Revisions where the descriptions was updated.

Because of that, we need to handle this like it is happen with the LANGUAGE selection, where I put the English line for the other languages. If someone wants to install BG2 Tweaks in German, the TP2 searches at first for "*RK-Bonus*". If it can't find it, it looks for the Englisch "*Armou?r Class.* and change it.

Is it possible and if yes, how should I do that, or will you do that?

Here an example of our German item description of the Ring of the Prince (sp?):

Prinzenring

Dieser und einige ähnlich geartete Ringe wurden ursprünglich hergestellt, um die Söhne von König Castter De'wess zu schützen, aber es ist nicht bekannt, wer den Zauber über die Ringe aussprach. Geschichtliche Aufzeichnungen besagen, dass die Ringe mindestens 13 Generationen im Besitz dieser Familie blieben, obwohl sie alle schließlich im Verlauf von nur einer Generation verloren gingen. Der Grund hierfür war möglicherweise die Feindschaft zwischen dem König und der Familie des Erschaffers.

EIGENSCHAFTEN:

RK-Bonus: -1
RW-Bonus: -1

Greetings Leomar

I can take care of updating the code with your description translations once we've worked them out. Here's what you need to know to translate the patching changes.

In General

Finding and replacing strings using regular expressions is not hard. You just need to know what you are looking for. If you limit your search too much, you might not catch some things that you would like to catch. For example, if you specify to find all strings that start with "Armor Class", strings that start with "Armour Class" will be skipped. I'll go through each of the patches and explain which different strings my regular expressions can catch so that you can get an idea what you might need to look out for.

For Wear Multiple Protection Items (P&P Restrictions)

Replace: ~[%lnl%%mnl%%wnl%] *Armou?r Class.*:.*~

With: ~~ (empty string)

This code looks for a line that starts with either "Armor Class" or "Armour Class" followed by anything, followed by a colon (":"), followed by anything up to the end of the line. This ensures that both "Armor Class: +1" and "Armor Class Bonus: 1" are caught. It replaces the entire line with nothing, effectively removing it.

What I need to patch this component for your language:

1. All possible phrases that uniquely identify this line ("Armor Class [bonus]") on Rings/Amulets/Cloaks/etc. of Protection.
    Example with Leomar: is this line always "RK-Bonus:" or is it perhaps sometimes "RK Bonus:" or even something quite different?

For Two-Handed Bastard Swords and Two-Handed Katanas

Replace: ~^Type *: *\(1\|one\)[- ]*handed.*~

With: ~Type: 2-handed~

This code looks for a line that starts with "Type", is followed by a colon (":"), and then is followed by either "1-handed", "1 handed", "one-handed", "one handed", or "onehanded", followed by anything up until the end of the line. It replaces that line with "Type: 2-handed".

1. All possible phrases that uniquely identify this line ("Type: 1-handed").
  2. The translation for "Type: 2-handed" in your game, taken from any normal two-handed weapon (so that these will match precisely).

For Universal Clubs

This one is the most complicated one by far. It tries to remove the "Mage" line in club descriptions from the list of classes that can't use the weapon. I won't put the code here because it's fairly long and most of it is not important for translating.

Firstly, the code only patches descriptions that have a "Not Usable By" section as opposed to those with a "Usable By" section, since this is the way that non-unique and non-class-specific items are set up, listing everyone who can't use the weapon. (Though unlikely, if your game does this differently, let me know and I'll make something special.) The English descriptions often use either "Not Usable By" or "Unusable By", so it checks for both.

After that, the code removes all lines beneath "Not Usable By" that have "mage" somewhere in them - this includes plain "Mage" as well as "Mage (single, dual, & multi-class)" and anything else with "mage" involved.

1. All possible phrases that uniquely identify the "Not Usable By"/"Unusable By" line.
  2. All possible phrases that uniquely identify the "Mage" line in the Not Usable By section.
  3. The translation for "Not Usable By"/"Unusable By" that is most common for your language if you have more than one. (When there is more than one possible way of phrasing the "Not Usable By" line, they will all be replaced by this one.)

Finally

You don't need worry about counting the number of tabs or spaces (I will look out for these), but do let me know when it's possible that parts of a line optionally have spaces or other punctuation (ex. onehanded vs. one-handed vs. one handed) or alternate phrasing (ex. one-handed vs. 1-handed). Also, if there is a possibility that a valid line might be quite similar to an invalid one (perhaps your translation for Mage is very similar to your translation for a certain kit), let me know so that I can be sure to avoid accidentally picking up the invalid one as well as the valid one.

Anyway, that's about everything I can think of right now. There is a little bit of finesse involved in forming the right regular expressions, but I think it's well worth the work in most cases, and especially this one.

I can take care of updating the code with your description translations once we've worked them out.

Great and thank you very much for your help. :rolleyes:

1. All possible phrases that uniquely identify this line ("Armor Class [bonus]") on Rings/Amulets/Cloaks/etc. of Protection.
    Example with Leomar: is this line always "RK-Bonus:" or is it perhaps sometimes "RK Bonus:" or even something quite different?

1.)

RK-Bonus: -1

RK Bonus: -1

Rüstungsklasse: -1

Rüstungsklasse-Bonus: -1

Rüstungsklasse Bonus: -1

2. The translation for "Type: 2-handed" in your game, taken from any normal two-handed weapon (so that these will match precisely).

1.)

Typ: 1-händig

Typ: Einhändig

Typ: einhändig

2.)

Typ: 2-händig

For Universal Clubs

1. All possible phrases that uniquely identify the "Not Usable By"/"Unusable By" line.
  2. All possible phrases that uniquely identify the "Mage" line in the Not Usable By section.
  3. The translation for "Not Usable By"/"Unusable By" that is most common for your language if you have more than one. (When there is more than one possible way of phrasing the "Not Usable By" line, they will all be replaced by this one.)

1.)

Kann nicht verwendet werden von:

2.)

Magier

Magiern

- Magier

- Magiern

3.)

As I know, we have only the one standard translation for it.

Finally

There is a little bit of finesse involved in forming the right regular expressions, but I think it's well worth the work in most cases, and especially this one.

Yes I think that, too. Thanks for the explanations. :)

Greetings Leomar

Okay, I've incorporated the German description patches and have updated the first post. I tested that it still seems to work as expected when patching English text, but I'll need someone else to say how it fares with German text.

Now that this first translation is included, it should be quite easy to add new translations in the future. If anyone else wants to have these components patch text in their language, just submit the same information Leomar did in his last post.

Please let Mike1072 know after a successful test install - CamDawg has ok'd a refresh and update release, but we want to confirm before release. This is the time to revisit anything that needs revisiting!

Hello all,

here are the modifications to Spanish descriptions:

1.)

Clase de armadura: bonificador +1

Bonificador de clase de armadura: +1

Bonificador a la Clase de Armadura: +1

1.)

Tipo: 1 mano

Tipo: una mano

Tipo: a 1 mano

Tipo: de 1 puño

2.)

Tipo: 2 manos

Tipo: dos manos

Tipo: a 2 manos

Tipo: de 2 puños

Tipo: de dos puños

For Universal Clubs

1.)

No lo puede usar:

No utilizable por:

No usable por:

2.)

Mago

El Mago

3.)

No permitido a:

Like you can see we've a huge trouble with the original translation of our version.

The translation to 1-handed and 2-handed that we're using (we like Clan REO) is

1-handed = a una mano

2-handed = a dos manos

Namárië.

White Agnus has tested the new TP2 from yesterday (without the Spanish additions).

If he starts the Setup, he got the following error message:

In state 95, I expected one of these tokens:
 [138] END
 [194] RET
Parse error (state 95) at STR_VAR

[BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 4520 column 1-21 Near Text: STR_VAR
	GLR parse error

[BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2]  ERROR at line 4520 column 1-21 Near Text: STR_VAR
	Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2]: 
Parsing.Parse_
error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

The section in the TP2 must be this:

// remove mage line from matching german descriptions
		LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ~REMOVE_MAGE_LINE_FROM_USABILITIES~
		  STR_VAR
			unusable_regexp = EVALUATE_BUFFER ~^[ %tab%]*Kann nicht verwendet werden von[ %tab%]*:.*~
			unusable_replacement = ~Kann nicht verwendet werden von:~
			mage_regexp = EVALUATE_BUFFER ~[%lnl%%mnl%%wnl%][- %tab%]*Magiern?.*~
			class_prefix = ~- ~
		END

And here an example for a German club description:

Meist besteht eine Keule aus einem festen Stock aus Hartholz, der am Griff schmal ist und zum Ende hin breiter wird. Diese einfache Waffe ist im Gebrauch, seit Menschen Werkzeuge benutzen. Da jeder ein brauchbares festes Holzstück finden und herumschleudern kann, ist die Keule als Waffe weit verbreitet.

EIGENSCHAFTEN:

Schaden: 1W6 (Wucht)
Gewicht: 3
Initiativefaktor: 4
Mindeststärke: 5
Fertigkeit: Keule
Typ: 1-händig

Kann nicht verwendet werden von:
- Magiern

I give him the new one from Today, now and he will check, if he has the same problem with it.

Greetings Leomar

White Agnus has tested the new TP2 from yesterday (without the Spanish additions).

If he starts the Setup, he got the following error message:

[...]

If his setup uses WeiDU v209 or earlier, that's expected. The BG2 Tweaks v7 package on the site ships with WeiDU v210 so it should be fine, but sticking this in on top of v6 isn't recommended.

I've tested it with WeiDU v211, now.

During the different installation processes I saw some German translation mistakes and corrected them. Please, post the new updated German translation in your first post. Thank you.

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?act=att...st&id=17227

My first tests:

Installed German BG2 version and patched it.

- Installed our German Textpatch for BG2

- Installed BG2 Fixpack on German

- Installed BG2 Tweak Pack on German

Result: All the game is in German

Checked debug-file and in-game:

Katanas tested: 1-händig to 2-händig (works)

Bastard Swords tested: 1-händig to 2-händig (works)

Amulets tested: Remove RK-Bonus (works)

Clubs tested: Remove Magiern (works)

My second tests:

Installed German BG2 version and patched it.

- Installed our German Textpatch for BG2

- Installed BG2 Fixpack on German

- Installed Item Revisions on English

- Installed BG2 Tweak Pack on German

Result: The game is in German, but all the item descriptions are in English

Checked debug-file and in-game:

Katanas tested: 1-handed to 2-handed (works)

Bastard Swords tested: 1-handed to 2-handed (works)

Amulets tested: Remove Armour (works)

Clubs tested: Remove Mage (works)

Mike1072, thanks for this BG2 Tweaks changes. :hm:

One problem:

Since the last BG2 Tweaks releases, the description components of Bastard Swords and Katanas was deprecated and moved into the main components of Bastard Swords and Katanas. But Universal Clubs has the description update component, which irritated me at the beginning, because your description patch is done with the main component and only the Chinese get the description update with the description update component. Is it possible to deprecate the description update component for the universal clubs, so the universal clubs component is handled like the Bastard Swords and Katanas components?

Greetings Leomar

Good to hear that it seems to be working.

One problem:

Since the last BG2 Tweaks releases, the description components of Bastard Swords and Katanas was deprecated and moved into the main components of Bastard Swords and Katanas. But Universal Clubs has the description update component, which irritated me at the beginning, because your description patch is done with the main component and only the Chinese get the description update with the description update component. Is it possible to deprecate the description update component for the universal clubs, so the universal clubs component is handled like the Bastard Swords and Katanas components?

The components for Allowing Arcane Spellcasting and Thieving In Armor w/ Penalties had separate description updating components originally. These were deprecated when the description updates were changed into patches in their main components.

As it is, the main Universal Clubs component updates all clubs to make them usable by mages, including those added by mods, while the separate description updating component only adjusts the descriptions of clubs from the vanilla game and one added by S&S, setting the entire description as it appeared originally but with the "Unusable By: Mage" line removed. When the descriptions are patched in the main component (as they are now for English/German/Spanish), all clubs have their descriptions altered, and only the relevant part is changed, not the entire thing.

If the Chinese description changes could be rewritten as patches, then the Description Updates for Universal Clubs component would be completely unnecessary and could be deprecated. Before then, deprecating it would be hard to explain.

If the Chinese description changes could be rewritten as patches, then the Description Updates for Universal Clubs component would be completely unnecessary and could be deprecated. Before then, deprecating it would be hard to explain.

O.K. then we need to mention it in the readme, so the English, German and Spanish gamers get the info, that their description update of the "Universal Clubs" will be made with the main component and that the additional description update component is for Chinese only.

But we know, not everyone read readme's and still there could be misunderstandings between the main component and the description component of "Universal Clubs". I think we should add in the TRA's the following:

English setup.tra

@205000 = ~Description Updates for Universal
Clubs Component (for a Chinese installation only)~

German setup.tra

@205000 = ~Beschreibung fuer die Universelle Keulen Komponente anpassen
(nur fuer eine Installation auf Chinesisch)~

What do you think?

Greetings Leomar

What do you think?

I don't think it's important enough to require that a new string be translated for the installer. The component will automatically be skipped for everyone who isn't installing in Chinese, with the message "This component is not available in your language." If the readme includes the information that descriptions are patched in the main component and the description update component is not needed for those languages, it shouldn't be too confusing.

Archived