(v7.1) Translation Updates and More

Mike1072

The component will automatically be skipped for everyone who isn't installing in Chinese, with the message "This component is not available in your language."

If the component will be skipped, then all is fine and the best solution. Thanks for all your help and time, Mike1072. :hm:

Greetings Leomar

I was testing it with BG2 + TOB (Spanish version) and I didn't see any change, Katanas and Bastard Sword are 1-handed.

Just to confirm, were you looking at the 2-handed .itm files? The component should leave the original file, say sw1h43.itm, as a 1-handed sword but give it the ability to turn into the 2-handed version ikkat43b.itm.

If any of the ikkatXXb.itm files have a 1-handed description, could you please post their descriptions here?

I was testing it with BG2 + TOB (Spanish version) and I didn't see any change, Katanas and Bastard Sword are 1-handed.

Just to confirm, were you looking at the 2-handed .itm files? The component should leave the original file, say sw1h43.itm, as a 1-handed sword but give it the ability to turn into the 2-handed version ikkat43b.itm.

If any of the ikkatXXb.itm files have a 1-handed description, could you please post their descriptions here?

Ahh ok ok, I created the original item SW1H43 with CLUAConsole :hm:

Now, I looked for at the .itm and see that the original are 1-handed and the ikkatXXb.itm are 2-handed ("a dos manos"), then the component works.

Namárië.

I've got from Andrea an updated Italian translation.

You can get the Italian translation here (I've inlcuded German and Spanish, too, so you can replace the link in your first post):

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?act=att...st&id=17327

Greetings Leomar

Thank you Andrea and Leomar, I've updated the main post.

Just to be clear for any translators, if you can provide the information that Leomar did in post 18, the relevant components will be able to patch in description changes with hopefully little effort on your part, plus you won't need to translate the strings @99001-@99012 and @99030-@99037 from description_updates.tra.

*Italian*

For Wear Multiple Protection Items (P&P Restrictions)

What I need to patch this component for your language:

1. All possible phrases that uniquely identify this line ("Armor Class [bonus]") on Rings/Amulets/Cloaks/etc. of Protection.
    Example with Leomar: is this line always "RK-Bonus:" or is it perhaps sometimes "RK Bonus:" or even something quite different?

1)

CA: 0

CA: bonus 0

Bonus CA: 0

Classe Armatura: 0

Classe Armatura: bonus 0

Bonus Classe Armatura: 0 [not sure on this one but I have no dialog.tlk handy]

Bonus alla Classe Armatura: 0

For Two-Handed Bastard Swords and Two-Handed Katanas

1. All possible phrases that uniquely identify this line ("Type: 1-handed").
  2. The translation for "Type: 2-handed" in your game, taken from any normal two-handed weapon (so that these will match precisely).

1)

Tipo: a 1 mano

Tipo: a una mano

2)

Tipo: a due mani

For Universal Clubs

1. All possible phrases that uniquely identify the "Not Usable By"/"Unusable By" line.
  2. All possible phrases that uniquely identify the "Mage" line in the Not Usable By section.
  3. The translation for "Not Usable By"/"Unusable By" that is most common for your language if you have more than one. (When there is more than one possible way of phrasing the "Not Usable By" line, they will all be replaced by this one.)

1)

Non utilizzabile da:

2)

Mago

3)

Non utilizzabile da:

Finally

You don't need worry about counting the number of tabs or spaces (I will look out for these), but do let me know when it's possible that parts of a line optionally have spaces or other punctuation (ex. onehanded vs. one-handed vs. one handed) or alternate phrasing (ex. one-handed vs. 1-handed).

Double spaces or no space at all are (unfortunately) very common in the italian translation of the game. Nevertheless, all descriptions found in my "descriptions_update.tra" file use the same nomenclature, spacing and punctuation so if that is what you're working with, you're pretty settled (and probably don't need all those Armor Class lines I typed) :)

Btw, my surname is Colombo, not Columbo :grin:

Archived