Super Firkraag and SCSII

Leomar

SCS II is compatible with some but not all other tactical mods. The following notes are hopefully reliable but so far I have only done limited testing; I would be very interested to hear feedback from players on whether they are reliable.

So I think it is a good idea to report a thing between Super Firkraag of RPG Dungeon and SCSII.

At first we install "Super Firkraag" before SCSII, like you recommend for all the other tested tactic mods. A gamer reported the following:

Although I have installed "Super Firkraag Mod", he was merely the weak red dragon from the original. Here is the changelog of dragred.bcs:

[weidu] WeiDU version 20700
[./CHITIN.KEY] 343 BIFFs, 84785 resources
[./dialog.tlk] 273473 string entries
[./dialogF.tlk] 273473 string entries
[weidu] Using scripting style "BG2"
[CScripts/english/fsetup.tra] has 7 translation strings
[scsII/tra/english/english.tra] has 434 translation strings
[scsII/tra/german/german.tra] has 431 translation strings

Mods affecting DRAGRED.BCS:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-FIRKRAAG.TP2~ 0 0 // Super Firkraag Mod für BG2
00001: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 3 271 // Drachen wirken Zauber wie normale Magier

Has copied dragred.bcs from "scsII/backup/271" in the override folder and now Firkraag seems to use the "Super Firkraag" script. I've installed SCSII v6.

With SCS v8 it is now ".\scsII\backup\6101\dragred.bcs", but we don't know if that is fixed with the newer SCS version meanwhile. When not, would be it possible to consider the mod in the next SCS version?

Greetings Leomar

If someone gives me detailed instructions I'm happy to consider implementing them. I probably don't have time to go researching Super Firkraag myself to work out how to achieve compatibility-friendliness. "Don't install both components" strikes me as not unreasonable, since both are trying to modify the same encounter. Installing SF second might also work; if so, happy to comment on that in the readme.

SCSII and Revised Battles worked well (as assumed in the ReadMe). One did not confront the normal Firkraag with trippled LP, but the Rev Battle incarnation(s), who had (at least I think) SCSII AI, since Firkraag directly got a time stop (that is from SCSII, innate magic, I think, although I did not try it without SCSII) and during time stop he casted several spells directly while attacking my party members, resulting in a lot of dead people... (also, thanks to SCSII, not totally dead, but resurrectable dead...).

(House Jae`lla (?... in the drow city) also worked very well (with SCSII Drow-Component). The cleric of Cyric and his brother, too. The gang in the sewer was unbeateable until now :worship: (no bug etc.). But is it possible, that SCSII prevents the use of some spells? Some mages from Rev Battles had very few spells... Maybe they got "nasty" spells like disintegration, stone to flesh etc. from Rev battles, but SCSII prevents their use?

SCSII and Revised Battles worked well (as assumed in the ReadMe). One did not confront the normal Firkraag with trippled LP, but the Rev Battle incarnation(s), who had (at least I think) SCSII AI, since Firkraag directly got a time stop (that is from SCSII, innate magic, I think, although I did not try it without SCSII) and during time stop he casted several spells directly while attacking my party members, resulting in a lot of dead people... (also, thanks to SCSII, not totally dead, but resurrectable dead...).

SCSII doesn't give Firkraag a Timestop and wouldn't know to cast it if someone else gave him one, so I suspect he's using RB AI instead.

But is it possible, that SCSII prevents the use of some spells? Some mages from Rev Battles had very few spells... Maybe they got "nasty" spells like disintegration, stone to flesh etc. from Rev battles, but SCSII prevents their use?

Possible but unlikely. SCSII usually swaps spells it doesn't use for spells it does, at install time. But I could be missing something (and I can't find a RB link for some reason so I can't check.)

SCSII doesn't give Firkraag a Timestop and wouldn't know to cast it if someone else gave him one, so I suspect he's using RB AI instead.

O.K., that the time stop did not come from SCSII is out of question. I just thought, because he casted it and several spells directly / "innate" (like the component for genies, demons etc.), that this part came from SCSII-Dragon component (o.k., there is a difference between the "Dragon-AI" and the "Dragon-innate casting" part... I was not very precise...).

But I have never played RB alone... so this innate casting might also come from RB (?). I deleded too much to make changelogs... what a shame...

Nevertheless, it's compatible and that's sufficient, at least for me.

Archived