v2 to v3 compatibility

Raj

If I start a new game with SR v2, will I be able to convert it to the v3 safely in the (next, imminent, almost there) future?

e.g. Let say I use the restoration scroll on the just met level 8 Viconia so that her spellbook get changed following the v2 rules; if I uninstall the v2 and install the v3 when she is level 20 and use the restoration scroll again, is she going to get the v3 protection from elements spells? Will I need to clua a new scroll?

That reminds me to check again the scroll for the latest changes thanks. Unless I'm forgetting something there shouldn't be any problem replacing V2 with V3 in an ongoing game. The "gap" is quite big yes, but theonly possible issue regards familiars. I may have to use new .cre files, and if you already summoned a familiar you'd be stuck with the old V2 version of them.

That reminds me to check again the scroll for the latest changes thanks. Unless I'm forgetting something there shouldn't be any problem replacing V2 with V3 in an ongoing game. The "gap" is quite big yes, but theonly possible issue regards familiars. I may have to use new .cre files, and if you already summoned a familiar you'd be stuck with the old V2 version of them.

Hi!

I don't want to force anything, but a while ago you talked abot an ETA of one or two weeks. How do you look at the situation now? I'm simply asking 'cause I'm eagerly awaiting to install SR3 and other mods to try a run of BG2 again soon :worship:

Regards

I don't want to force anything, but a while ago you talked abot an ETA of one or two weeks. How do you look at the situation now? I'm simply asking 'cause I'm eagerly awaiting to install SR3 and other mods to try a run of BG2 again soon :p
We're almost there. Unfortunately last week I had serious issues in real life and thus unilt the last few days I pratically did nothing. If you check the "plans" topic you may notice only very few things are left. :p

The only noticeable work to do is about Revised Familiars. I'd say that is the only thing that could take me a day or two, other than that it's not the coding time which is slowing me, but the time spent to decide how to do some things. Which is why I always encourage players to let me know every suggestion, because that is the best way to speed up my work. :worship:

Archived