Area 7500 Is a Missing Dream Sequence? (Possible Bug)

Guest Wraith_Sarevok

Guest Wraith_Sarevok

Hello,

This isn't an actual "bug" per say, just a very strange thing that I discovered a few years back.

If you go ahead and use the CLUA Console cheats to port your party to a new area, and type in area 7500, your character will appear in a very strange forest. In the forest, you enter a scripted conversation with (I believe) Ellesime and she tries to force your character to transform into the Slayer. After the conversation, your character transforms, but nothing happens afterwards and your party is stuck inside the forest.

Now, this is NOT the last appearing in-game dream sequence (the one where you meet Ellesime at the Tree of Life and she talks about Jon), as I remember that one well. What I'm asking you is what the heck is this? Is this a missing dream sequence that is being omitted because of a scripting bug? Or was this some sort of content that was cut by the developers prior to release?

I'm sorry I couldn't provide more detailed info (it's been awhile), but if the fixpack team could investigate and report back on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot!

AR2500 is part of a deleted dream sequence, yes. It was intentionally cut (probably to speed up the endgame, but they may have also run out of time). Originally, Ellesime would tell you to travel to this area in her first or second dream (also cut), and then you'd come here to face the Slayer or somesuch.

The sequence doesn't make much sense with the story as it is; there's no way to access any of this content without cheating, by design.

Maybe something to mention over at the unfinished business mod at pocket plane group instead though...That looks to be getting some sort of a revival soon...

Guest Wraith_Sarevok

Thanks for the replies.

Just checked Unfinished Business and it seems that they've known about this content for some time now (almost 5 years). They haven't picked up on it since 2005, though.

Yep. Parts of it are actually at various stages of restoration IIRC, but it needs a new world map location (can't remember if the map icon for the area already exists or if it needed a new one) at the least. It's not something that will ever be completed.

Archived