installation problem

Guest maipai

I've downloaded the mod okay but I try to install it, it unzips and opens up a

black box that says this: ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:

dialog.tlk

Please run this program in your infinity

engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure"Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

I don't have any other mods installed that should conflict with this. Can anyone

help? Thanks.

The mod needs to be extracted to your appropriate Tutu or BGT directory. (Normally they are C:\Program Files\BaldursGateTutu and C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA, respectively.)

When running the auto-installer (bg1npc-v16.exe), you should change its path to the 'Destination folder' to the proper one.

It's for Baldur's Gate. What do you mean by tutu, though?

The mod needs to be extracted to your appropriate Tutu or BGT directory. (Normally they are C:\Program Files\BaldursGateTutu and C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA, respectively.)

When running the auto-installer (bg1npc-v16.exe), you should change its path to the 'Destination folder' to the proper one.

Tutu or Easytutu is BG on the BG2 engine. So in a way it is a mod, but it's much more than that. You need to have both BG and BG2 on your PC (BG2 can be either SoA or ToB). Normally the installation directory will be called something in the line of "tutu"

It's for Baldur's Gate. What do you mean by tutu, though?
This mod is not actually for Baldur's Gate, but the Baldur's Gate Tutu mod or Baldur's Gate Trilogy, which convert BG to be played in the BG2 engine. Starting with version 12, the same package works on both Tutu and BGT.

Both Tutu and Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT) allow you to play Baldur's Gate 1 in the Baldur's Gate 2 engine. To install either, you will need both BG1 and BGII: Shadows of Amn. Tales of the Sword Coast and Throne of Bhaal are required to install BGT.

See here for more info: EasyTutu, BGT. Both are well-supported at this time.

I generally use the console cheat when I play games and I will say that I miss being able to call up usable books of wisdom and charisma. However, it's nice to be able to use gear from BG2 in BG1. And the improved level of interaction and dialogues is great with this mod. So overall, thanks!

Archived