SCS & Imp. deployment of Assasins

DeusEx

Hello :worship: .

First my weidu-> http://kerzenburg.nightisforum.de/showthread.php?t=38387, first post

I have some questions and problems regarding this component:

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v10

In the readme it says:

Two groups of assassins (one made up mostly of dwarves and gnomes, one made up entirely of amazons) hang out in the vicinity of Gullykin. This component removes them from there and makes them proactively hunt the party down instead - they'll show up at random times in chapter 3. As of version 5 of SCS, the assassins only spawn once your main character is above 3rd level. (The way I normally play the game, I'm always above 3rd level by the start of chapter 3, but apparently some people race through chapter 3 and then get slaughtered by the assassins.)

I assume the amazons are Natalka's group, right? If so she doesn't work properly. When I exit the Nashkell mines she just attacks together with Elka without conversation and others are nowhere to be found. The next group that was in Gullykin Village also never showed up and I am well above level 3 and about to go to BG.

You're right, the assassins are Natalka's group. This is probably a compatibility problem (I'm fairly sure I've got confirmed reports that it works in a standalone install; if I'm wrong someone'll doubtless be along to tell me before long). At a guess, the clash is with DSOTSC. But I'm afraid your install is too huge for me to have much realistic chance of tracking it down. Try www.shsforums.net, which tends to have more people familiar with mega-sized installs.

Sounds familiar, I think it was related to NTotSC, which adds two more amazons to Lamalha's group. (And since SCS removes the other four, you only meet two of them on the nashkell mines exit map.)

Question is why are they still spawning because SBB put code into the AR3900.bcs to keep them from spawning if Lamalha doesn't exist (which she no longer does since SCS removes her).

IF
Global("NTotSCSpawn","AR3900",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	CreateCreature("NATALK9",[2248.240],3) // Natalka
	CreateCreature("ELKA9",[2145.205],4) // Elka
	SetGlobal("NTotSCSpawn","AR3900",1)
END

IF
Global("NTotSCspawn","AR3900",1)
OR(2)
	GlobalGT("DMWWC3Assassin","GLOBAL",0)
	!Exists("LAMALHA")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	ActionOverride("NATALK9",DestroySelf())
	ActionOverride("ELKA9",DestroySelf())
	SetGlobal("NTotSCSpawn","AR3900",2)
END

Guest temujin_
Question is why are they still spawning because SBB put code into the AR3900.bcs to keep them from spawning if Lamalha doesn't exist (which she no longer does since SCS removes her).

it looks like adding an OnCreation() to the first block solves that problem (I don't know why that is).

At a guess, the clash is with DSOTSC. But I'm afraid your install is too huge for me to have much realistic chance of tracking it down.

as Taimon said, it's because NTotSC adds two new creatures (elka9.cre and natalk9.cre) to the four amazons. currently they're both assigned a non-existent class script (DWWTRSGT.bcs) that makes them hostile but NOT attack the party (but that's a bug in NTotSC, not SCS anyway).

the best way to make everyone happy (which i hope you will e419.gif) is to check for detection of NToTSC and add these two CREs to the random creature deployment code (and assign a valid class script (_WTARSGT.bcs)) so that all 6 of them face the party at the same time (looks like that's the way it was intended to be, as it doesn't make any sense to face 4 of them at one time and the other 2 at another).

Archived