Virus Trojan

jhp

Okay, I sent e-mails to AVG/Avira folks(virus at avg.com/avira.com), and submitted a report to Kaspersky team(though we're out of luck: RE_v4 was too big to attach, so I put a direct link instead; I'm afraid it won't work).

Kaspersky is a king of false positives, so, yes, another report won't go amiss.

Aaaand - yes, if you use TendMicro/F-Secure/others and it gives you a false positive(because I never used this software, I'm not sure I should report), please, give them a note, if you are a paid user.

Thank you again for the reports. Phew... I don't know, maybe should do this G3-ifying thing in the next version, after all?

I updated my AVG Virus yesterday & have 5 Trojan Horses they are all Agent.AYMl.

They are.

RE v4

Assassinations v5

Level 1 NPCs v1.1

Xan BG1 Friend v5

Bonehill v226 Patch

All of these were fine until l updated yesterday.

I sent the list to AVG & they sent back a email saying all files were detected correctly.

Has anyone any idea as to what is happening.

The thought of getting a virus from a Romantic Encounter mod is just ironic.

Edit: After about a week of reinstalling my system I have narrowed down the trojan infection to when I launched BGII. Now granted, I use several mods, but I did not have an infection until I updated the mods I use. The recent verion of RE was one of them. So I wouldn't dismiss it as a false positive as quickly as they did in the beginning og the thread.

To be fair an online scan from windowsecurity.com can out like this:

F:\Archives\Software\Games\Mods and Patches\Baldur's Gate I\Modders\Gibberlings 3\NPC Portrait Pack\bg1npc_portrait_pack-v2.exe detected: Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.apvg!A2

F:\Archives\Software\Games\Mods and Patches\Baldur's Gate II\Alternate Portraits\Gibberlings 3\plasmo_picks-v2.exe detected: Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.apvg!A2

F:\Archives\Software\Games\Mods and Patches\Baldur's Gate II\Modders\Gibberlings 3\Amber NPC\amber-v2.5.exe detected: Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.apvg!A2

F:\Archives\Software\Games\Mods and Patches\Baldur's Gate II\Modders\Gibberlings 3\P&P Celestials\pnpcelestials-v5.exe detected: Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.apvg!A2

F:\Archives\Software\Games\Mods and Patches\Baldur's Gate II\Modders\Gibberlings 3\Totemic Cernd\totemic_cernd-v2.exe detected: Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.apvg!A2

F:\Archives\Software\Games\Mods and Patches\Infinity Engine Mods\Portraits\Gibberlings 3\plasmobg1bg2-v2.exe detected: Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.apvg!A2

...so perhaps its just by chance RE is not "IT" this time. I really didn't expect it to be in P&P Celestials or Amber.

Archived