New BAMs for spells

yarpen

Really well done, scorpio!

It'd be nice to have your new .bams in the next IR hotfix! :worship:

Thank you.

It's up to Demi whether he even wants these, so i'll wait for that. ...

If you want them to be included within SR I'd gladly add them. Just attach them here, or send them to me via e-mail (in that case I'll give you the address via PM).
Really well done, scorpio!

It'd be nice to have your new .bams in the next IR hotfix! :worship:

Thank you.

It's up to Demi whether he even wants these, so i'll wait for that. ...

If you want them to be included within SR I'd gladly add them. Just attach them here, or send them to me via e-mail (in that case I'll give you the address via PM).

Well, it is entirely up to you as i said; if you and others think it fits in well i'd be more than happy to give it for use, after all this is why i posted here in the first place, right?

Here they are, and if anyone wants to test these in game, then you can replace any old spell in the game, e.g. name them SPPR106B and SPPR106C (respectively) and simply place in the override to replace magic stone as i did (i'm sure you're all mostly more familiar with NI and filenames more than myself - but the above is for any new folks like myself who recently became acquainted with this stuff). Simply find and delete these files to revert to normal magic stone spell icons, or indeed whatever spell you replace.

http://www.2shared.com/file/4815441/2d281d...erie_fireC.html

http://www.2shared.com/file/4815442/b4214c...erie_fireB.html

And, while i'm here, which one of the below basic design concepts would you all prefer for mass charm, if at all?

mass_charm_compare.jpg

Guest D. U. Bertie

Thanks for altering the sparkles, scorpio. Regarding mass charm, I prefer the one on the right (I think it gives a better impression that all three have been charmed).

I'm going ahead with the one on the right, see earlier post, as I also think that conveys the 'mass' bit better. I need a little info first though please Demi:

Is mass charm wizard only, priest only, or for both? (so i know whether to make a scroll bam).

What level is it?

Red bam colours this time, right?

That's all I can think of but mention anything else you think might be useful to know.

Edit: I've made some changes to the mass charm icon, and the spellbook version is pretty much ready, but I think some of the colours might need touching up yet...

Baldr021.jpg

Baldr022.jpg

Also, to anyone wishing to use my bams in their mod, whatever it may be; you are more than welcome, just please be courteous enough to give credit.

I'm going ahead with the one on the right, see earlier post, as I also think that conveys the 'mass' bit better. I need a little info first though please Demi:

Is mass charm wizard only, priest only, or for both? (so i know whether to make a scroll bam).

What level is it?

Wizard only, 8th level, red bam yes. If I may give you my opinion I think your bam is ok, but you've made it too "detailed". Most spell's bams have a very simple design, and I think it's better that way. Anyway, just my two cents.

Also, to anyone wishing to use my bams in their mod, whatever it may be; you are more than welcome, just please be courteous enough to give credit.
I've included them in my internal build, and I'll add them to either V3 or the next hotfix. I'll obviously give you credit for it, as I already did for Yarpen's Sunscorch. :worship:

What level is it?

Wizard only, 8th level, red bam yes. If I may give you my opinion I think your bam is ok, but you've made it too "detailed". Most spell's bams have a very simple design, and I think it's better that way. Anyway, just my two cents.

You're right, I wasn't particularly happy, but I do have good news: Mike1072 PMed his idea for mass charm, and it was imo much better, he used just three eyes, rather than the 3 figures underneath aswell, and asked me to work with it, and so I did.

The design is all his, and to be honest, his bam_typeC, i.e. the spellbook image, was already pretty much good to go (I had to remove shadow colors, they cause bugs, and did a little touch up work only) so I really had to make just the A and B types. Ran into some problems with colors again, with both A and B, but managed to get them to come out fine in the end.

Here's the results:

Baldr023.jpg

Baldr024.jpg

Baldr025.jpg

Let me know if you're happy enough and i'll edit this post and add the actual bams, once again as i say, this is really Mike's idea so i cannot take credit.

I've included them in my internal build, and I'll add them to either V3 or the next hotfix. I'll obviously give you credit for it, as I already did for Yarpen's Sunscorch. :worship:

I had no doubt you would, I simply put that there for anyone else who may be interested so they do not have to bother PMing me or anything.

Edit: Going by the 2 posts below, i guess it's fine! Here you go; once again, I'd prefer someone else other than just me to have a go at "testing" these so that there are definitely no issues, just replace any old spell in override and then delete the files as per ususal:

http://www.2shared.com/file/4824999/619965...ass_charmC.html

http://www.2shared.com/file/4825000/7eea3a...ass_charmA.html

http://www.2shared.com/file/4825001/9ed0a9d/Mass_charmB.html

Guest D. U. Bertie

scorpio, I think the eyes-only version is better when viewed next to the other spells, but I think it looks a little odd with the top eye being bigger than the other two. Any chance you could make all three eyes the same size? Also, I think it'd look better with a slightly bigger gap in between the bottom two eyes - at the moment they almost look like they are joined together.

Again, you do great work, and I hope my comments are taken constructively.

scorpio, I think the eyes-only version is better when viewed next to the other spells, but I think it looks a little odd with the top eye being bigger than the other two. Any chance you could make all three eyes the same size? Also, I think it'd look better with a slightly bigger gap in between the bottom two eyes - at the moment they almost look like they are joined together.

Again, you do great work, and I hope my comments are taken constructively.

Well, I think the icon may look a little bland if all three eyes are the same size and so, if it's not a big issue to you and others, i'd like to keep it as it is. It makes the icon a little unique, i think.

In regards to the two lower eyes: I cannot do much other than making both eyes even smaller since as you can see they already take up pretty much the width available for use. This would make the difference in sizes of the eyes even more contrasting, which you clearly do not like as is even.

I appreciate your criticism and support though and hope you don't think i'm just brushing it aside. The changes could be made, but it requires me to basically start over; since size changes, moving of eyes etc would require me to re-texture the bam to look right once again. This is not like moving a single sparkle anymore, and i'm sure you understand that. That's not to say it's impossible; nothing is.

All in all, barring others suggesting the same things, I will keep this icon as it is.

I think it's a very nice job but I agree with D.U. Bertie about the size.

It would be better, in my opinion, if they were equally big. This is because having them in different sizes make people like me think that there is a sort of hierarchy.

I have instead no objections about the distance between the bottom eyes.

I think it's a very nice job but I agree with D.U. Bertie about the size.

It would be better, in my opinion, if they were equally big. This is because having them in different sizes make people like me think that there is a sort of hierarchy.

I have instead no objections about the distance between the bottom eyes.

I'll change this icon at some point then, but i'm busy with other things too now, so i'll leave the current one up for now; it's better than nothing, and hopefully i'll get a new one out in time for v3 i guess.

Guest D. U. Bertie

Thank you, scorpio. The eye idea is great and does a good job of representing Mass Charm, but like Salk says, having one eye bigger than the other suggests that one element of the spell (the big eye) is somehow more powerful than the rest.

Archived