New BAMs for spells

yarpen

That's much better.

I suppose it's not possible to have an equal amount of distance between each eye? Ah, but I guess you've already spent as long as you want on this. If there was one tiny little thing I'd change, it would be to bring the top eye down a little bit, as it still looks like it's separate from the other two eyes.

That's much better.

I suppose it's not possible to have an equal amount of distance between each eye? Ah, but I guess you've already spent as long as you want on this. If there was one tiny little thing I'd change, it would be to bring the top eye down a little bit, as it still looks like it's separate from the other two eyes.

Grrrr.... :)

How about now? (If finally ok, I'll edit this post and attach the files, otherwise i'll hold on for more pain i guess)

Baldr030.jpg

Baldr031.jpg

Baldr032.jpg

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

You are most accomodating, scorpio. I do like your latest revision the best. I hope you realise just what a big difference your work will make.

On Baldr030, the top eye looks like it has one of the small lines on the left-hand side. Is this the case? It doesn't appear to be there in Baldr031 or Baldr032, or on the bottom two eyes in Baldr030. It's a very small point, but I think it'd look better if it weren't there.

The color in Baldr031 and Baldr032 looks slightly pinkish compared to the default spells. Is it possible to better match the color with the default spells? The color in Baldr030 looks spot on to me. Other than these two points, I think it's perfect.

In Baldr032, the small line on the top eye around 8 o'clock, could you make this a little straighter? It looks kind of droopy and sad at the moment, like it starts around nine o'clock then droops down, whereas all the others are more straight.

I've about had enough of this spell.

Baldr034.jpg

Baldr035.jpg

Baldr036.jpg

Really though, artistically I can't look at it anymore; must move on, here's the bams with the changes as in above pics, i consider this final:

http://www.2shared.com/file/4848177/d3277e...ss_charmC2.html

http://www.2shared.com/file/4848178/439863...ss_charmA2.html

http://www.2shared.com/file/4848179/349f53...ss_charmB2.html

Now for something completely different.

Don't the monster summoning spells go all the way up to level 9 in 2E AD&D?...Hmm...

monstersummoning_collage.jpg

Obviously I didn't do anything to MSIII, it's just there for a comparison.

Here's some in game screens; note that, once again, I did not take care to put the spell in the correct level slot.

Baldr044.jpg Baldr043.jpg Baldr042.jpg Baldr041.jpg Baldr040.jpg Baldr039.jpg

I'm now making stuff I feel like making i guess, so if you like I can stop posting here Demi, since it's not really relevant always (you don't have these i think as spells in SR) and can move to a new topic in general discussion, from which you can still take whatever icons you might like.

Of course, if you're happy with me posting here I can just carry on.

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

Those new Mass Charm ones are great. Just out of interest, and this isn't a criticism, but is it not possible to replicate the exact same color as the original spells? I'm guessing not, but surely there's some way to just copy it then paint your spells with the same color?

The colors in Baldr034.bmp are certainly closer to the originals than those in Baldr032.bmp.

If it was for me your work on Mass Charm's bams was already fine on your sencond attempt. Now I suppose I can't avoid to include this spell within SR. :)

Regarding the Monster Summoning spells I'm uncertain, as I already have a lot of work to do, I don't think more summons are needed at all (except perhaps at 8th level), and SR wasn't supposed to add too many new spells (at least it's not the main goal by far).

I think the next bam on my wish list would be something for Create Undead, and or Banishment. :)

If it was for me your work on Mass Charm's bams was already fine on your sencond attempt. Now I suppose I can't avoid to include this spell within SR. :)

Regarding the Monster Summoning spells I'm uncertain, as I already have a lot of work to do, I don't think more summons are needed at all (except perhaps at 8th level), and SR wasn't supposed to add too many new spells (at least it's not the main goal by far).

I think the next bam on my wish list would be something for Create Undead, and or Banishment. :)

Well, thanks. It's just unfortunate that there are still some unhappy, so use any of the sets i've posted so far (i guess the latest a2,b2,c2 is the "best") and maybe sometime i can go back and try to improve it and satisfy everyone.

The monster summoning spells were just something that was both easy enough to do, and came out looking like they were original icons simply because I had so little change to do really. I mentioned myself that these weren't in SR, i knew that, and I'm not sure it would be a good idea to have them in either - I personally like all the cool summons you get at level 6 and beyond; monster summoning is just too bland at those higher levels. So, i myself am happy with them not in. It was just something to share.

I understand all the cries for changes and revisions must have been taxing Scorpio, but I personally like the end result better than the first. And I think the latest revision, 10th Feb, of Mass Charm is perfect - wouldn't change a thing.

Must say I'm impressed by your patience (and skill, for that matter) though :)

Demivrgvs, did you save the Mass Charm bams from Feb 10th, as they no longer available on 2shared.com?
Noooooooooooo!!! :rolleyes: Let's hope I have them stored somehow in my old computer, or better that scorpio is still around to let us get his work again.

Archived