New BAMs for spells

yarpen

I'm back with my work. At first I have to fix Sunshorch because it looks BAD. :rolleyes: And then what I can do to give some support for SR?
Well, quoting myself...

The list of exisiting spells which probably need a custom bam are:

- Faerie Fire

- Fire Trap (I think Yarpen is currently working on that)

- Create Undead (currently use Animate Dead's one, as in vanilla it was the same spell)

The list of possible new spells (which I'd like to keep as few as possible) is:

- Banishment (I think IWD's one is ok, except for the horrid color palette)

- Iron Body (thought I think Ironskin bam may be ok, as SR doesn't use it, and it also has a respective portrait icon)

- Mass Charm

Faerie Fire has been done by scorpio and I'd say it's perfect. Mass Charm too was perfect imo but I'm unable to re-obtain his work right now. Feel free to do what you prefer yarpen but unless I'm forgetting something these spells are the only ones which "currently" need a new bam.
sppr304c.png

That's my first project of Fire Trap, I think it needs some fixes (maybe the other shape of border). What do you think?

I like the concept, perhaps when you have slightly refined it try to post it near the original one (Gliph of Warding) so that we can compare the two. :rolleyes:

firetraps.png

Comparison between Firetrap v1, v2 and Glyph of Warding. That's BAMtype C.

If for someone who liked v1, and consistency with Glyph of Warding for him is important, I've made this.

traps15.png

That's... let's say. v1.5 ;-)

glyphandtrap.png

And now also v2 versions.

againtrapso.png

Nice idea re-touching Gliph of Warding too. I don't know if the two spells should have "consistent" bams, I'l let players decide.

I'd vote for either V1 or V1.5. The latter actually seems slightly more detailed, but if I'm not wrong vanilla's bams are generally simple just like V1. Let's see what players like the most.

I'm just copying/pasting scraps of original icons and using colours available there as my pallete. And yes, I'm using MS paint to do that. That's not so difficult at all. ;-) Now I've got some problems with stoneBAM. ;-)

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie

Yes, v1 looks the "cleanest" to me. So will these new BAMs be the same color as the original spells, and therefore indistinguishable from the originals? Divine Remix adds some new spells and BAMs (from Icewind Dale) but some of them are nowhere close to being the same color as the originals, and look really out of place.

Archived