Spell Revisions V2.9

Demivrgvs

SR V2.9 is a pre-release version of SR V3, containing every change discussed here except 'Familiar Revisions' component. I think few players are interested in that spell and thus would welcome the pre-release, but still I'd like to release a "complete" V3 rather than having to add such a noticeable spell only a week or two later in a hotfix. Another "advantage" is that every eventual issue with V2.9 discovered in these weeks won't affect the official V3. :worship:

Link: Spell Revisions V2.9

Enjoy yourselves. :p

Has the casterlevel cap at 20 for dispel/remove magic been introduced? If yes, where shall I look to compare the changes with the vanilla version?
No I haven't, because I didn't receive a general consensus about it, am I wrong?

I think it will be included in the "controversial spell changes component", together with Power Word Sleep and Shape Stone.

Anyway, in case I will implement it for either official V3 or a separate component, you'd notice the changes because the spell files would look like Inquisitor's ones. I would have to manually set the "caster level" for each level at which the spell is casted.

Has the casterlevel cap at 20 for dispel/remove magic been introduced? If yes, where shall I look to compare the changes with the vanilla version?
No I haven't, because I didn't receive a general consensus about it, am I wrong?

You're most definitely not...

Edit:

I've deleted the last few posts...I hope it's ok.

Raj, I didn't have too much problems with your "vulgar picture" (though I don't like it), but it could have offended some people (two already expressed their dislike), and I prefer to avoid it.

I don't want to talk about Berlusconi either. If you're Italian, you either worship him or you hate that dwarf with all your heart...and I don't want to quarrel with his believers. :worship:

May I ask to players who are using V2.9 to share their opinions if any?

Considering it's going to take me much more time than I expected to work on familiars (hopefully that should also mean the end work will be better than I originally thought too :p ) I can put my hands on other things if necessary before moving from V2.9 to an official V3.

It's great!

I'm still trying to learn the new pros and cons for the spells you improved/altered/nerfed and so on. It's a vast job you've done and I appreciate that. In my current game I've just reached the 7th level spells for druids and mages :p

It's hard to be short about SR but I'll try: it's ******* great :p

By the way, congrats in making and improving such a great mod, it's vital in any BG install! Thank you for it! :blush: I am really tempted to make a new install, since I use the old spell revisions v2.0, just to see the changes in v2.9. That would mean to start all over my kensai/mage, although I played many hours through all of BG1 and a small part of the BG2 content and I am at levels 9/11 :) , but still it's an idea I'm seriously considering :D . I can barely wait to see the familiar revisions component also, I bet it will be awesome :blush: .

I think it is awesome, what a vast, enormous effort this is!! So many more useful spells to use.

I got 3 questions:

1: Are you planning on a Tutu release in the future?

2: Did you restore detect Evil to it's vanilla version?

3: What's the deal with the version names? I find it funny that you would use a minor version notation at all. You can technically call this a version 3, and to us knuckleheads, the end result would be the same.

Thanks! It's great to see relatively new members and new SR players. :blush: Regarding V3 and familiars rest assured I've not abandoned any project, I simply have too much real life issues, but sooner or later I'm going to resume my work! As of now I only have the time to check the boards and provide support and bug fixing if necessary.

1: Are you planning on a Tutu release in the future?
Yes, but don't hold your breath. :blush:

2: Did you restore detect Evil to it's vanilla version?
What do you mean?

3: What's the deal with the version names? I find it funny that you would use a minor version notation at all. You can technically call this a version 3, and to us knuckleheads, the end result would be the same.
Major revision has to be stable. That's what major revision numbers are for. This is an intermediate release that hasn't been extensively bug-tested.
Razly is right, and V2.9 hasn't received a proper official release, G3 official link is still hosting the old V2.

Archived