Spell Revisions V2.9

Demivrgvs

Ah nooooo, this doesn't work for Tutu? hahaha guess I should have read the instructions. No wonder my game is buggin out :crazyeyes:

I thought Tutu just copied and pasted the BGII spells? will it be a lot of work to make it compatible? gah, this mod looks great...everything that always annoyed me about spells fixed

Ah nooooo, this doesn't work for Tutu? hahaha guess I should have read the instructions. No wonder my game is buggin out :crazyeyes:

I thought Tutu just copied and pasted the BGII spells? will it be a lot of work to make it compatible? gah, this mod looks great...everything that always annoyed me about spells fixed

Yeah, and in fact SR's spells do work within TuTu. The thing is that TuTu handles .itm files differently, and thus SR's scrolls aren't used, resulting in wrong descripions for them. Other than that, spells work as intended even via scrolls, and descriptions are correct in the spellbooks.

If you don't mind to have not-updated scrolls descriptions SR and TuTu work together without other issues.

Ok, joy. I joined the forums now. Yay! supporting the establishment heheh

Hmm, thats strange. I cast flame blade and nothing happened. My quarterstaff DID get locked in my hand though lol, even after I rested I got the message "sorry, magical weapon in use" thats why I uninstalled it

The only other mod I have that touches spells is the "high level spells have save penalties" from....err...BGTweaks??

EDIT: and SCS, but I sidestepped all the spell components as i figured your mod would cover those bases

:crazyeyes:

Hmm, thats strange. I cast flame blade and nothing happened. My quarterstaff DID get locked in my hand though lol, even after I rested I got the message "sorry, magical weapon in use" thats why I uninstalled it
Shaitan should now how SR works with TuTu much better than me. The issue here may be caused by the fact that this spell actually uses .itm files, I thought custom .itm files were fine but I never tested it myself. I'll see what what I can do about it and if it doesn't require too much time if I can do it for V3 which is almost ready.

The only other mod I have that touches spells is the "high level spells have save penalties" from....err...BGTweaks??
Ehm...I really don't recommend this tweak with SR. 7th-9th level spells within SR already apply a -6 penalty to saves, and combined with this tweak you'll end up with almost impossible to resist spells.

EDIT: and SCS, but I sidestepped all the spell components as i figured your mod would cover those bases
The problem surely isn't SCS, and yes, SR covers most SCS's spell tweaks.
:crazyeyes:

Agree :)

Shaitan should now how SR works with TuTu much better than me. The issue here may be caused by the fact that this spell actually uses .itm files, I thought custom .itm files were fine but I never tested it myself. I'll see what what I can do about it and if it doesn't require too much time if I can do it for V3 which is almost ready.

I often use Flame Blade with no troubles.

Ehm...I really don't recommend this tweak with SR. 7th-9th level spells within SR already apply a -6 penalty to saves, and combined with this tweak you'll end up with almost impossible to resist spells.

Do you mean the component adding ST to high level mages/clerics?

I often use Flame Blade with no troubles.

Ok cool, I have read through the recommended load order thread and am trying a new clean install :crazyeyes:

Do you mean the component adding ST to high level mages/clerics?

Yes! Sorry i just re-read my post; I meant "save penalties for spells cast by high level mages/priests." This is my install order...anything look incompatible?

Load Order

TutuFix

Restored BG1 Music

BG1Tutu Unfinished Business

BG1 NPC Project

Song & Silence

Sorcerer’s Place Collection

Spell Revisions?

Item Revisions?

Level 1 NPC’s

Ashes of Embers

BGII Tweaks <--- minus the save penalty option!!

Sword Coast Stratagems

Tutu GUI

Easy Tutu Spawn Randomiser

Drizzt is Not Stupid

Install Order

TutuFix

Restored BG1 Music

BG1Tutu Unfinished Business

BG1 NPC Project

Song & Silence

Sorcerer’s Place Collection

Spell Revisions?

Item Revisions?

Level 1 NPC’s

Ashes of Embers

BGII Tweaks <--- minus the save penalty option!!

Sword Coast Stratagems

Tutu GUI

Easy Tutu Spawn Randomiser

Drizzt is Not Stupid

Item Revisions is only partially compatible with TuTu, optional components work fine, but the Main Component doesn't. We'll work on that.

I don't know too well how's coded Ashes of Ember, considering it alters a lot of .itm files it may be the cause of your issue with Flame Blade, but it's only a supposition.

Sorry, I think im spamming in the wrong thread here but anyway. Just went and did a full reinstall. Decided not to use AoE in case it conflicted, and only installed the optional components of items revised....and still no flame blades

A couple other spells i noticed work fine; sunscorch and i think colour spray has been improved? What is this hotfix I hear everyone talking about? doesn't have a fix for this does it?

Are ALL the options of items revised compatible? thats the only thing I can think of...im at a loss

Think I found the Flame Blade problem: at level 3, the spell uses the weapon fblade1.itm and at levels 4 and 5, the spell uses the weapon fblade2.itm, but these were accidentally not copied over from the spell_rev/sppr2## folder. You can manually copy them into the override to fix this.

Thanks Mike, I've fixed it locally. Thankfully it has come out before V3! :)

What is this hotfix I hear everyone talking about? doesn't have a fix for this does it?
The latest fixes can be found here.

A couple other spells i noticed work fine; sunscorch and i think colour spray has been improved
Sunscorch is a completely new druid spell (though Divine Remix implemented it too). Color Spray has been considerably improved, in the latest version I've slightly nerfed it at players request, but feedback on this spell would be warmly welcome. :crazyeyes:
Thanks Mike, I've fixed it locally. Thankfully it has come out before V3! :)

What is this hotfix I hear everyone talking about? doesn't have a fix for this does it?
The latest fixes can be found here.

Phew! I thought I was going to have to go through that epic uninstall-reinstall again lol. Thanks for the super quick response!

A couple other spells i noticed work fine; sunscorch and i think colour spray has been improved
Sunscorch is a completely new druid spell (though Divine Remix implemented it too). Color Spray has been considerably improved, in the latest version I've slightly nerfed it at players request, but feedback on this spell would be warmly welcome. :crazyeyes:

Sunscorch: well balanced, 1d6+10 max damage with Save allowed

Colour Spray: If you call that nerfed I would hate to have seen the original!! A spell I would usually laugh in the face of hit me for six! I never thought I would be memorising colour spray 3 out of my 4 slots lol. Confusion and stun are arguably better than fear though, so with the reduced area of effect this spell is about on par with Horror atm

Archived