Known Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for V2.9

Demivrgvs

I'll attach here temporarily hotfixes for the 2.9 version. The files are collected in the appropriate sub-folders, thus you can simply unzip the attachments in your main BG folder (you know you've done it correctly because it should ask about overwriting some older SR's files in the spell_rev folder).

Known Bugs

These fixes requires to (re)install SR to be effective.

Sleep: didn't worked well together with 'Cure Sleep Fix' component because I "erroneously" flagged it as 'hostile' in V2.9.

Spell Shield: wasn't update to its V3 version

Protection from Elements: was still granting 75% resistances, no immunities

Sphere of Chaos: was not party friendly

Protection from Energy: granted 100% resistances but not V3's "immunity from energy based spells"

Meteor Swarm: wasn't updated from 24d6 damage to 40d4

Black Blade of Disaster: fixed an issue which caused it to deal damage only 15% of the times.

Updated 11/05/09 with:

Faerie Fire: new bams thanks to scorpio

Enchanted Weapon: created ony a single sling bullet, fixed a few string references for item names, a few weapons instead of vanishing after 24 hours were replaced by used up items

Unholy Blight & Holy Smite: replaced vanilla's .eff files with new ones to fix their damage output as per description

Create Undead: was still summoning skeletons instead of ghasts at certain levels

Protection from Fire (Cleric version): was displaying a wrong bam in the quickspell slot

Khelben's Warding Whip: when casted via scroll it had range 1 instead of 20

I've also fixed a few typos and incorrect descriptions

Sorry, this time I've been extremely slow to update the hotfix! The only new issue solved is about Sleep not properly working in V2.9 neither together with "Cure Sleep Fix" component (sleep is instantly cured) nor without (characters aren't wake up by hits).

Not many issues have arised for quite some time though, it seems SR is quite polished even with all the new features added! :p

P.S If it ever took me again as much time to fix an issue as this time solicit me to speed up! :p

Did you remember to fix the 100% learn spell issue?
You should kick my a** when I forgot to reply for so long! :blush: V3 won't have that issue, but V2.9 still have 100% learn rate without the fix (the old one still works). Should I add it to these hotfixes? Probably yes...will do.

New Bugs:

- Wizard's protection from Fire wasn't at 5th level, but on original third.

- Wizard's Create Undead was still sumonning skeletons, not ghasts.

- True Strike gave to my character Perception portrait icon.

- Enchanted weapons lasts I think far more than 1 day.

- Character who wear IR's Robe of Traveler (grants immunity to fatigue) is fatigued by haste spell.

New Bugs:

- Wizard's protection from Fire wasn't at 5th level, but on original third.

- Wizard's Create Undead was still sumonning skeletons, not ghasts.

- Enchanted weapons lasts I think far more than 1 day.

I've just checked and these three work fine in my install. :) Are you playing Tutu? Have you installed any other mod which may affect these spells?

- True Strike gave to my character Perception portrait icon.
It's intended, it was the portrait icon which better suited the effect imo.

- Character who wear IR's Robe of Traveler (grants immunity to fatigue) is fatigued by haste spell.
It's intended, and I suppose you're talking about IR's robe here. The robe grants immunity from "normal" fatigue, but if most of you think we should opt to make it grant immunity from any type of fatigue let me know.
It's intended, and I suppose you're talking about IR's robe here. The robe grants immunity from "normal" fatigue, but if most of you think we should opt to make it grant immunity from any type of fatigue let me know.
That's the Haste spells 'temporary fatigue', so it goes away in a while, right? If it is, the robe should not make the user immune to it.
That's the Haste spells 'temporary fatigue', so it goes away in a while, right? If it is, the robe should not make the user immune to it.

Yeah, fatigue caused by Haste within SR lasts only 5 rounds.

Does anyone else have any of those issues reported by Yarpen? I'd like to know what's causing them and I cannot reproduce them in my install where everything seems fine.

About Protection from fire - sorry, it's cleric one. Viconia got one at 3rd and one at 5th level. I don't have Restoration scroll.

Today I've spotted new bug. When you will memorize Protection from Fire (5th level cleric version), at spell selection it's using Protection from cold icon (so this "stone" BAM problem).

About Protection from fire - sorry, it's cleric one. Viconia got one at 3rd and one at 5th level. I don't have Restoration scroll.

Today I've spotted new bug. When you will memorize Protection from Fire (5th level cleric version), at spell selection it's using Protection from cold icon (so this "stone" BAM problem).

Ah, ok. I'll fix the bam issue (actually I already have internally), but Protection from Fire at 3rd level is not a bug if you haven't used IR's Restoration scroll (unless it continues to re-appear at level up, but I'm quite sure it shouldn't), you're supposed to use that scroll on spellcasters!

Regarding Create Undead and Enchanted Weapon I'm still waiting someone (Jarno, could you help us here?) to confirm either your report or mine.

Archived