Known Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for V2.9

Demivrgvs

Ghasts

Not a summoned ghast but an ordinary one. I'm not sure it's due to SR, but since I started using SR the problem has arisen.
Ah...then it's not an issue caused by SR as my ghasts use different files (ghastsu.cre/.itm instead of various .cre files with ghast1.itm as "weapon").
Could you look at the maze effect for the same issue?
Which issue? The one about memorized spells?

If the ring which is increasing your spell slots is Ring of Holiness I may look into the item, but I'm quite sure there's nothing wrong about it, and the maze opcode is hardcoded, I can only hope it doesn't do what you're saying.

Edit: :(

Just tested, and yes here it is another hardcoded issue in all its glory. A mazed character loses additional spell slots granted by items as if his/her equipment is removed and then re-equipped. There's nothing I can do about that though, I can only think about possible changes to these items if necessary (Ring of Holiness, Zerth Blade, Amulet of Power, ...). :D

A mazed character loses additional spell slots granted by items as if his/her equipment is removed and then re-equipped. There's nothing I can do about that though, I can only think about possible changes to these items if necessary (Ring of Holiness, Zerth Blade, Amulet of Power, ...).
Well, you could give those items immunity to the specific spell(Shadow Door)... and the RP answer could be connected to that the item would sense the presence of the dimensional closure. :( Should the character take 1 hit point of fire damage from this "sensation"... :D
It wasn't to ruin you day ...

If something is to be done, then I'd propose it done via IR.

I still think the issue is a minor one, and I could defend it RP-wise.

Yeah, fortunately you aren't supposed to experience it too often. RP-wise you may think that in the dimensional area where Shadow Door/Maze/Imprisonment trap the victim magic items don't work, which actually makes sense imo.

A mazed character loses additional spell slots granted by items as if his/her equipment is removed and then re-equipped. There's nothing I can do about that though, I can only think about possible changes to these items if necessary (Ring of Holiness, Zerth Blade, Amulet of Power, ...).
Well, you could give those items immunity to the specific spell(Shadow Door)... and the RP answer could be connected to that the item would sense the presence of the dimensional closure. :( Should the character take 1 hit point of fire damage from this "sensation"... :D
If anything has to be done I'd prefer to replace the "additional spell slot" feature, though I don't consider it a priority. Zerth Blade instead may become upgradeable in V3, and one upgrade may grant a Dimensional Anchor ability (immunity to Teleport Field/Maze/Imprisonment), as the blade has some ties with the planescape world and I can justify such feature in the background somehow.

Anyway, this isn't related to SR, as Shaitan says if we have to discuss this it should be done within IR.

Guest Guest_phordicus_*

polymorph self

after getting the permanent and accumulating innates from your previous version, i followed the instructions to omit any changes to spwi416 (and its related spells 489-499) on this current and clean install.

my wizard cast the spell as normal, got the innates, but he failed to do anything besides the swirling poly animation firing: no animation change, no stat changes, nada.

decided to manually add your 416 (and 460's & itms) in to the game. now it works as expected except that 489, both the innate while the spell is active and the autocast one at the end of the spell's duration, absolutely refuses to change back, animation and stats and invisible but unremoveable weapons. a successful dispel magic does work.

either the instructions for omitting a spell from install are faulty or the shapechanging weapons aren't getting removed.

right. you need to alter 489 and 490 to remove your new items. also the re-enabling of the spellcasting button is oddly delayed; i had to fiddle with the weapons in the inventory page to get it active again. i'll check if the timing mode is instant/duration instead of equipped for that effect.

also, it may be a holdover from their bg1 antecedents, but the creatures move at bg1 walking speeds. perhaps a slight movement rate adjustment is in order.

Polymorph Self

after getting the permanent and accumulating innates from your previous version, i followed the instructions to omit any changes to spwi416 (and its related spells 489-499) on this current and clean install.

my wizard cast the spell as normal, got the innates, but he failed to do anything besides the swirling poly animation firing: no animation change, no stat changes, nada.

decided to manually add your 416 (and 460's & itms) in to the game. now it works as expected except that 489, both the innate while the spell is active and the autocast one at the end of the spell's duration, absolutely refuses to change back, animation and stats and invisible but unremoveable weapons. a successful dispel magic does work.

either the instructions for omitting a spell from install are faulty or the shapechanging weapons aren't getting removed.

right. you need to alter 489 and 490 to remove your new items. also the re-enabling of the spellcasting button is oddly delayed; i had to fiddle with the weapons in the inventory page to get it active again. i'll check if the timing mode is instant/duration instead of equipped for that effect.
Which version of SR are you using? As when players reported your issue with multiple innates I fixed it and they reported the fix was working (we worked on this months ago).

Anyway, I'll check it again. I may update 489 and 490 to remove the new .itm files, it shouldn't be necessary but a redundancy is not going to hurt anyone.

also, it may be a holdover from their bg1 antecedents, but the creatures move at bg1 walking speeds. perhaps a slight movement rate adjustment is in order.
Creatures use default animations and have correct movement rate depending on the new form. No one reported any issue till now and they work fine in my game but as I said I'll check them again to be sure.

aye, the innates are gone for sure; that just gave me a heads up on tracking down bugs as i just re-started playing bg2 in january and this mod was one of the most intriguing.

(these "problems" are from 2.9)

re:489/490

i don't see where 416 or 46x get rid of the perma-equipped polymorph item except by 489/490, and neither of those files make any kind of reference to the new 46x items, thus, they aren't expiring and PolymorphNaturalForm isn't doing anything. the vanilla 489/490 only remove the old 416's actual weapons like polywolf.itm, etc. it was an easy fix just by adding some "remove items" that included spwi46x.itm.

re:abjuration overhaul

i'll go through the threads in more detail. i didn't know there was a bug with Spell Shield.

====

i'm constantly modding on my own and testing random things. if you want any beta testers just hit me up and i'd be glad to help. this is fun and the mod is very needed (especially in conjunction with scsii).

Polymorph Self

aye, the innates are gone for sure; that just gave me a heads up on tracking down bugs as i just re-started playing bg2 in january and this mod was one of the most intriguing.

(these "problems" are from 2.9)

re:489/490

i don't see where 416 or 46x get rid of the perma-equipped polymorph item except by 489/490, and neither of those files make any kind of reference to the new 46x items, thus, they aren't expiring and PolymorphNaturalForm isn't doing anything. the vanilla 489/490 only remove the old 416's actual weapons like polywolf.itm, etc. it was an easy fix just by adding some "remove items" that included spwi46x.itm.

In my tests Polymorph to Natural Form works even without adding those "removeitem" effects (and more than one player reported me this spell was working correctly), anyway I'll look into it asap, and adding them is as easy as you say thus I'll do it for V3.

i'm constantly modding on my own and testing random things. if you want any beta testers just hit me up and i'd be glad to help. this is fun and the mod is very needed (especially in conjunction with scsii).
Thanks, yes I always need people who can quickly find any issue within my mods! :( I'll let you know.

Dimension Door

When I try to write Dimension Door nothing happens: The scroll disappears and the spell isn't in my spellbook.
SR currently does nothing to this spell, unless you manually altered the tp2 file. Anyway I was thinking about finally re-introduce this controversial spell for V3, and Mike got my attention on it for TuTu compatibility, thus I'll look into it.
Zerth Blade instead may become upgradeable in V3, and one upgrade may grant a Dimensional Anchor ability (immunity to Teleport Field/Maze/Imprisonment)

Hmm, if you are going to make some items upgradeable then maybe learn from the bad points of Item Upgrade (although it is a fantastic mod!) make it so that there is an item you need to use e.g. "Weave Shard" or some such, and there are only 2 in the game (1 on Irenicus, one on someone in ToB) and there's maybe 5-10 items that you can upgrade, so it comes down to a tough decision :(

Lol, I really just try an pile as many dumb ideas on you as possible don't I? I should go learn to mod...

Archived