Known Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for V2.9

Demivrgvs

Zerth Blade - Upgradable items

Zerth Blade instead may become upgradeable in V3, and one upgrade may grant a Dimensional Anchor ability (immunity to Teleport Field/Maze/Imprisonment)

Hmm, if you are going to make some items upgradeable then maybe learn from the bad points of Item Upgrade (although it is a fantastic mod!) make it so that there is an item you need to use e.g. "Weave Shard" or some such, and there are only 2 in the game (1 on Irenicus, one on someone in ToB) and there's maybe 5-10 items that you can upgrade, so it comes down to a tough decision :(

Lol, I really just try an pile as many dumb ideas on you as possible don't I? I should go learn to mod...

Don't worry about it, suggestions are always welcome, but if you want to talk about IR try to do it within IR forums. Long story short, I wasn't thinking about upgradable items when I was talking about Zerth Blade, but about making the sword "level up" with the wielder.

I don't know if it was only in my game but haste (level3) give only 1/2 extra attack per round for character who have usually 1.5 or 2.5 or 3.5 attack per round.

Only characters witch attack per round is a whole number gain one extra attack per round.

ps : I play with SR 2.9

I don't know if it was only in my game but haste (level3) give only 1/2 extra attack per round for character who have usually 1.5 or 2.5 or 3.5 attack per round.

Only characters witch attack per round is a whole number gain one extra attack per round.

ps : I play with SR 2.9

Haste is an hardcoded opcode, thus if what you say it's true I cannot do anything about it. :(
Guest Oddegamra

There seems to be a slight mistake in the description of druids' Fire Seeds - probably due to copy/paste (SPPR606):

(...) The seeds are treated as missiles hurled by the wizard with a +4 bonus (...)

Cheers.

Not really a bug, but interesting: after escaping Irenicus' dungeon, he fights with the assassins and kills the last one with a flame arrow. Because of the new flame arrow spell, Jaheira also got hit with several arrows for a total of 49 damage. Irenicus almost killed Jaheira before the Cowled Wizards even showed up.

Well, I had a workaround for this issue... just put your char in the 2nd position of the formation (I guess Jaheira was in the 2nd position of your formation) and then Irenicus won't shoot any fire arrows at you (or any of your party members).

@ topic

Dolorous Decay and the "Decaying" Icon issue: Well, I guess "Revised battle" (I know the mod is from another site) introduced the Greater Otyugh with casting Dolorous Decay ability since I uninstalled this mod (nice fights but BGII Vanilla + SCSII is sufficient... Revised battle was too much... coup de grâce :( ) I didn't receive the "Decaying" icon anymore.

Summon Shadow

In my BWP game when AI cast Summon Shadow, the summoned creatures are under my control. Is this caused by SR?
Could it be related to this?

#67 (0x043) Summon: Creature Summoning [67]

Parameter #1: Unknown

Parameter #2: Control

Description:

Summons a creature, with EA set to the 'Control' field. The Resource key should be set to the filename of the creature to summon.

Known values for 'Control' are:

0 Match target (hostile if no target)

1 Match target (hostile if no target)

2 As creature file

3 Match target (hostile if no target)

4 As creature file

5 Hostile to target

6 As creature file

8 As creature file

255 As creature file

Have you a save near the place where this happens? Can you open shadowsu.eff, replace 6 with 3 and check if it fixes the issues?

Mercurier, we've looked into it, and it's not a SR's issue. I've tried to have an opponent cast Summon Shadow and the creatures were correctly hostile to me. All summons are automatically under caster's control unless some mod messes with the EFF files which conjure them, and changes the 'Control' parameter.

Now, I'd like to find out what's happening to you. Could you check if any other mod affects shadowsu.eff file?

I'm sorry, the caster was level 12+, therefore the creatures he summoned was wraiths, not shadows. I've checked wraithsu.eff, its parameter for "control" turned out to be 2 (in shadowsu.eff it was 0). Furthermore, the power of wraithsu.eff and shadowsu.eff were 8 and 6, respectively, are they correct?

EDIT: the two level headers of Summon Shadow (spwi501) were both set to level 1 (V3beta14), so it always summons wraiths regardless caster's level.

Summon Shadow

I'm sorry, the creatures he summoned was wraiths, not shadows. I've checked wraithsu.eff, its parameter for "control" turned out to be 2 (in shadowsu.eff it was 0).
Just checked, and my EFF file has its 'control' parameter correctly set to 0.

Thus I still think another mod has affected it. :)

Furthermore, the power of wraithsu.eff and shadowsu.eff were 8 and 6, respectively, are they correct?
I've "fixed" them to 5 now, but this value has absolutely no value, even if you set it to 200 it wouldn't matter. :p

the two level headers of Summon Shadow (spwi501) were both set to level 1 (V3beta14), so it always summons wraiths regardless caster's level.
Now this is a bug! Good you find it in time! Fixed.
Summon Shadow
I'm sorry, the creatures he summoned was wraiths, not shadows. I've checked wraithsu.eff, its parameter for "control" turned out to be 2 (in shadowsu.eff it was 0).

You're right. I found that the component "Wand of Orcus" from BPv177 uses an EFF file which is also named "wraithsu.eff" (not shadowsu.eff). I guess simply renaming your file into something like "dvwraith.eff" would solve the problem (if this doesn't cause problem with SCS).

Summon Shadow

You're right. I found that the component "Wand of Orcus" from BPv177 uses an EFF file which is also named "wraithsu.eff" (not shadowsu.eff). I guess simply renaming your file into something like "dvwraith.eff" would solve the problem (if this doesn't cause problem with SCS).

Damn, Mike always tells me "use the prefix young padowan". :p

Is such wand supposed to summon wraithsu.cre? And isn't it wrong that its effect summons hostile wraiths?

Greets.

thanx for the mod, seems promising.

However on EasyTutu the "sleep spell" in SR2.9 -even after instant hotfix install -seemed to be unpredictable.

(when monsters become unconscious, woke up sometimes at once, sometimes not.)

Maybe the SR ver.3 will really be Tutu friendly - as its changelog promotes. :)

Greets.

thanx for the mod, seems promising.

You're welcome. :p

Sleep & TuTu

However on EasyTutu the "sleep spell" in SR2.9 -even after instant hotfix install -seemed to be unpredictable.

(when monsters become unconscious, woke up sometimes at once, sometimes not.)

Maybe the SR ver.3 will really be Tutu friendly - as its changelog promotes. :)

Well, the spell itself should work fine with TuTu even with the old V2.9 and I haven't touched it for V3. :p Do you mean monsters wake up even if nothing hits them?

Summon Shadow

I've fixed the issue, but now Wand of Orcus' wraiths won't be the same used by SR anymore.

Archived