More Of The Same.

Baronius

I'm probably going to be unpopular by reacting to an old post of this thread, but since I logged in to G3 after a long time (for another reason), I can't let this unanswered.

Pocket Plane and Chosen of Mystra are modding communities, much like Gibberlings3, but yes, there are a few mods that will break the game depending on what is installed.

A common one that comes up is Improved Anvil, from Black Wyrm Lair (and please don't go into that in detail)

Icen

How can you make a self-confident statement about anything without any reasoning and then, on top of it all, ask others to shut up about the matter you referred to?!

You should know it very well that all mods can break the game depending on what else is installed. All (well-made) mods have readmes and they state the exact compatibility conditions. Of course, no one has to believe my two sentences above: interested readers should verify them on your own (or can PM me at BWL and I will offer general proof, i.e. will explain it to them).

You abused that 99% of newbies (not just the original poster) who read this internet topic immediately and unconditionally believe what they read. This way, you don' t have to take responsibility for what you write. And, on top of it all, you try to prevent anyone from calling you to account ("don't go into that in detail") regarding your misleading statements. Well, you can't prevent it, because I found this topic. Statements have consequences, Icendoan.

P.S.: After a long time, I've just encountered a few Gibberlings3 topics and it seems the user "temujin" will immediately start trolling in any topic where BWL, Improved Anvil or myself is brought up or involved. So G3 moderators, you can expect him to appear in this topic as well within minutes. It's up to you whether you allow such a person -- in the name of freedom of speech -- to hijack (and eventually to get locked down) even more topics, or you finally decide to remove him. I don't care, I just reminded you :D. I have finished. Incredible, I don't log in to here often, but when I do, it's 100% that I find some lies. We got used to lies regarding Improved Anvil (envy is a big lord), but it doesn't mean I won't call authors of misleading posts into account when I encounter such misleading posts. Improved Anvil is the intellectual work of a mod developer (combined with the selfless work of several testers and contributors), and although all this is about gaming and fun (which might imply that lies shouldn't be taken seriously), no intellectual work (no IE mod) deserves malicious lies.

I'm probably going to be unpopular by reacting to an old post of this thread, but since I logged in to G3 after a long time (for another reason), I can't let this unanswered.

I think Icen meant it not that way, Baronius (I read the same connection into it:)

Selling isn't an issue, but are there any mods for BG1 or SOA/TOB which can't exist with the many fine Gibberlings 3 products? Such as Pocket Plane, Chosen of Mystra, etc?
(...)

A common one that comes up is Improved Anvil, from Black Wyrm Lair (and please don't go into that in detail)

Improved Anvil, from Black Wyrm Lair
Play nice, please. Improved Anvil is a big mod that has to be installed following the install guide and compatibility notes carefully. It also seems to be a mod where you either like it and its provided support or you don't, but saying that it breaks the game is definitely not true.

-jastey

Jastey, as a note, I was warning that is not compatible with much, and not to go into it. I have nothing against IA, nor the modders and want no part of THAT argument.

(...)

Icen

Sorry, Icendoan, I was reading a link into your two sentences in your above post.

In that form, regardless of what it was intended to mean, it is strongly misleading. It is not an accident that you also interpreted it for the first time in the same way as I did.

"as a note, I was warning that is not compatible with much, and not to go into it. ", then he should have written this in advance. He didn't, OK, but then he should have edited the post. In its current form, it implies nothing else (even inside the thread's context) than that some mods may "break the game" in certain circumstances, and this wording -- especially for newbies -- means that such mods should be avoided (i.e. if they remember a mod's name mentioned in such a context, they will associate it with game-breaking and will avoid it). A possible correct answer in harmony with your latest intepretation could have been: "Pocket Plane and Chosen of Mystra are modding communities, much like Gibberlings3, but yes, there are some mods that will not be compatible with certain (I think, with many) G3 mods when installed together. A common one that comes up is Improved Anvil, from Black Wyrm Lair (see its readme for concrete details on which G3 mods it does not support)". To sum up, the wording is too general even if it is interpreted completely in the context of its preceding posts -- I don't think this is accidental.

After all the lies I read about Improved Anvil in the past, it is difficult for me to believe that this statement wasn't meant to imply "Improved Anvil breaks the game, avoid it" (which is a common lie). Especially because it wasn't edited after your initial reaction to it. Nonetheless, in the future, I expect Icendoan to draw more attention on what he writes, especially in case of statements without proof.

OK, glad everyone has aired their opinions. No insult about IA was intended by Icendoan, but insult was taken, jastey reminded folks about cooperation and care in posting, and the situation is resolved. When the OP returns to get his game running and find out what directories things need to be moved to, things will pick up again - so I think the next post in this thread is up to Gibberer, and would ask anyone else to refrain from posting here until then.

Have a heart, folks - Gibberer is having well documented troubles getting an EasyTutu install set up and BG1 NPC installed. Do we really need to mess with him with talk about things not related, and completely drive him into mass confusion?

LOL! Shit, I can't believe I missed this gem of a thread. 2437.gif

P.S.: After a long time, I've just encountered a few Gibberlings3 topics and it seems the user "temujin" will immediately start trolling in any topic where BWL, Improved Anvil or myself is brought up or involved. So G3 moderators, you can expect him to appear in this topic as well within minutes. It's up to you whether you allow such a person -- in the name of freedom of speech -- to hijack (and eventually to get locked down) even more topics, or you finally decide to remove him. I don't care, I just reminded you . I have finished.

I don't what's more funny. The fact that you intentionally bring my name into any unrelated matter, and then have the temerity to say I'm the one who is trolling or the fact that you insist Improved Anvil is a work of art. :worship:2437.gif

Let's face it, Gyurcsány. YOU keep mentioning my name. *You* are the one that is obsessed. Once you call someone out, it is NATURAL to expect a reaction. I guess you are too stupid to understand this. But then again, I don't expect any better from a convicted felon that literally swiped thousands of dollars while preaching the sanctity of nonprofit modding "here at BWL, we don't treat modding as a business." 2158.gif

And one more thing, Zoltán.

Improved Anvil is the intellectual work of a mod developer (combined with the selfless work of several testers and contributors)

It's too bad most of those contributors aren't credited in the readme, eh Hungarian? Yeah, I'm talking about this recent Sikret vs Demivrgvs thing going on, where it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt Sikret LITERALLY STOLE Demi's idea (the timestop melee damage block) and then has the AUDACITY to turn around to accuse Demi of stealing. 2158.gif2158.gift166.gif

Once again, a decent first timer trying to get help is sidetracked by the dog and pony show. I am splitting this off into another topic.

I suppose that an appeal to

a. civilized discussion and behavior

b. understanding that some folks just don't get along

c. discussing differences in new player's help posts is rude and drives them away

d. understanding that not one single one of the folks fighting over semantics, percieved propoganda, differences in approach, or unintentional/intentional slights on eachother's work are ever going to win anything (and will merely be the cause of new folks deciding it isn't worth wading through the crap)

e. there are more important things o be doing than this banter (except for the pit-fight lovers, who are entitled to their entertainment, just not at new player's expense)

will not succeed? I'm just guessing, here, based on several threads/years/forums/administrations/domain name changes/modder generations/weidu development cycles/births, deaths, and paying of taxes...

You gotta love the improved anvil clowns that simply have no other role than being 'yes-men' who delight in wearing Sikret's ass for a hat.

Fights in IA are much more interesting than fights over IA. But I must say, as a simple forum member, that for example this temujin dude from G3 "what do you think about the mod you don't even play" stupidity was even harder than Elite Nishuruu.

Since you clearly seem to be lacking the brainpower to process what I said, I'm not sure how to drill this thought into your head. But I suppose even the retarded need a second chance, albeit in a more blunt manner. So here goes.

It's not about the difficulty of the mod, YOU STUPIDFUCK! Any idiot with half a brain (yes, even you!) can simply raise a creature's resistances, give all kinds of immunities, raise regeneration, block what he perceives to be exploits (even though the hypocritical scumbag has no qualms in using exploits himself or creating overpowered classes :blush:)... just like any idiot can simply spend hours and hours reloading until he gets lucky or finds the right combination. None of that displays any type of skill.

Your lord and savior Sikret, the one dimensional Simpleton, believes he is the Michelangelo that has carved up the Pietà of all mods. A "complex" work of art, so complex with it's "polygonal", "multidimensional" scripting that its intricacies would be on par with the internals of an operating system! 2437.gif

A passing glance at the mod's TP2 code and comparing it to one from a real, an actually skilled coder would make anyone laugh at his claims. It becomes readily apparent that this joker is doing a good job of hiding his 'modding incompetence' and rather conveniently blames it on "player incompetence". 2158.gif2158.gif

This can be confirmed when it was recently exposed that the uncreative schmuck stole an idea (timestop melee damage block) from an innocent bystander named Demivrgs and then had the audacity to turn around and claim it was Demi who stole his idea. laughatyouhk1.gif

From the player perspective, some kid named saros simply laughed at his "tactical challenges" and just blitzed through the game in the blink of an eye. So what did our community's resident Michelangelo do? He cried like a little girl in denial, then continously harassed the kid and bans him from the forum. Bravo! s402.gif

So you see, matti, it all finally comes down to this -- why is this parochial fruitcake's mod worth playing? :blush:

Now..........there is a very good chance you didn't understand a word I said and considering your level of intellect I don't blame you for that; no, you'd rather prefer to be the patch of hair clinging onto his left nut and you'd rather prefer to simply nod your head at whatever he says and does, and that's perfectly fine with me. Just leave my name out of your fantasies, son.

Ciao!

Temujin, I think you're being unfair on IA. (Your criticisms of it in the old "general opinion" thread were a lot fairer, iirc). It's not my cup of tea at all, but

(a) it's perfectly competently coded at the tp2 level (it has relatively modest goals since it's not particularly trying to support advanced compatibility, but it achieves them)

(b) its AI is reasonably sophisticated. (I think SCS's is cleverer, but then I would, wouldn't I :blush: )

© so far as I can tell (I'm not a player) many of its battles are pretty imaginative and well-thought-through (starting from a very different standpoint than SCS, but nothing wrong with that)

(d) its detectable-spell system is actually quite clever, and has some advantages over "conventional" DS, though for technical reasons I don't net think it's better.

It's fairly obviously a love-it-or-hate-it game, but it does seem to be just what a certain segment of the BG2 community are after - including some who don't like other AI mods, and some who do but want variety. That's cool: this isn't a zero-sum game.

(Would I recommend it to someone? Probably not, because recommendations are invariably based on the kind of thing you like yourself and for lots of reasons (some similar to ones you've given) it doesn't at all appeal to me.)

It's not about if it's anyone's cup of tea or worth recommending, Dave...

It's the constant, condescending, vexatious aura that emanates from this narcissistic simpleton and the way he tries to impose his will and look down upon anyone that doesn't think and act the way he does. He's claimed the fixpack and tweakpack is bugged, poorly designed, incompatible, unskilled etc... when the fact of the matter is Cam could use less than 1% of his brain and still be infinitely smarter than this putz. And the neverending talk of "cheater, cheap, cheeser, fraud" even on those who claimed to have liked his work. I think it's only fair that he get a taste of his own medicine.

Anyway, my response was mainly to this matti who, for some reason, spontaneously chose to bring my name up...

And btw, I disagree about the AI being sophisticated. It's the same RubyRay, SI:Abj "chess" game 2437.gif that you see from the majority of mages.

Archived