Access WK early error at BioBoards

Wisp

From here.

Posted 02/04/09 18:40 (GMT) by Mozziah

I know I should put this in g3's site but not registered in their forums and need to go to work. Anyway anyone ever get a problem installing the Watchers Keep component? I reverted my install back to a clean one ala the advice on maintaining a clean install on g3 boards and loaded some different mods. Anyway here is the debug

Install Component [Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Installing [Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB]

Copying and patching 1 file ...

Appending to files ...

[./override/STATE.IDS] loaded, 1843 bytes

Not appending [0x8010202D STATE_DISABLED...] to [sTATE.IDS] because it DOES contains [0x8010202D STATE_DISABLED]

Appending to files ...

Not appending [0x00000029 STATE_IMMOBILE...] to [sTATE.IDS] because it DOES contains [0x00000029 STATE_IMMOBILE]

Appending to files ...

Not appending [0x00400010 STATE_NOT_TARGETABLE...] to [sTATE.IDS] because it DOES contains [0x00400010 STATE_NOT_TARGETABLE]

Appending to files ...

Not appending [0x00000FC0 STATE_REALLY_DEAD...] to [sTATE.IDS] because it DOES contains [0x00000FC0 STATE_REALLY_DEAD]

Appending to files ...

[./override/ACTION.IDS] loaded, 14824 bytes

Appending [147 RemoveSpellRES(S:Spell*)...] to [ACTION.IDS] because it does NOT contain [147 RemoveSpellRES(S:Spell*)]

override/ACTION.IDS copied to scsII/backup/4020/override.ACTION.IDS, 14824 bytes

Appended text to [ACTION.IDS]

Appending to files ...

[./override/SPELL.IDS] loaded, 24063 bytes

Not appending [3544 PSIONIC_SUPERIOR_INVISIBILITY...] to [sPELL.IDS] because it DOES contains [3544 PSIONIC_SUPERIOR_INVISIBILITY]

Copying 1 file ...

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD5\/DATA/ITEMS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD4\/DATA/ITEMS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD3\/DATA/ITEMS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/ITEMS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/ITEMS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD1\/DATA/ITEMS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\/DATA/ITEMS.BIF]

[C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\/DATA/ITEMS.BIF] 659688 bytes, 1990 files, 0 tilesets

Copied [misc01.itm] to [override/dw#wkearly.mrk]

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[bgmain.exe] loaded, 7839790 bytes

FAILURE:

Sorry: your version of BG2:ToB does not allow this component to be installed. Component will be skipped.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB], rolling back to previous state

[scsII/backup/4020/UNSETSTR.4020] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 2 files for [sCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2] component 4020.

Restoring backed-up [scsII/backup/4020/override.ACTION.IDS]

scsII/backup/4020/override.ACTION.IDS copied to override/ACTION.IDS, 14824 bytes

Uninstalled 2 files for [sCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2] component 4020.

If anyone has time and access to g3's board and could post it I'd be gratefull, pulling a double in ER tonight :worship:

What's going on is this: that component of SCSII requires the EXE - the "main game" program - to be patched. Since I only had my copy to work with, I couldn't anticipate possible difference with other people's copies. If the component can't find the data it needs to patch, it FAILs rather than screwing the EXE.

I think a future version of SCSII could be slightly more flexible, as I understand this a little better than I did at the time.

Or could it be that as the Vista prevents one to overwrite any files in the Program Files sub-folders by making them Read-only directory's, that it might kill this? And with the UAC(User Account Control) if it's not turned off.

It might also be that the BGMain.exe has been cracked, which makes it unpatchable.

Archived