Shar Teel Romance Issue

Guest wraithalcon

Guest wraithalcon

I DL'd this mod and was enjoying it with Branwen, then decided to start over with a new game. I picked up Shar Teel and have wanted to get her romance to start, but I only received the very first lovetalk (LT0 according to the guide: http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/bg1npc...ance_guide.pdf).

I am not sure why, but I have not received anymore talks in about 20 game days of play. Is there any way to reset this or to manually move the banters forward?

Thanks.

First lovetalk with SHar is a little tricky, as she gets annoyed if the PC is hot on pursuing the romance. Check the value of P#SharInterest. If it set itself to 3, set it back to 1, and she should tsrat talking.

Guest wraithalcon
First lovetalk with SHar is a little tricky, as she gets annoyed if the PC is hot on pursuing the romance. Check the value of P#SharInterest. If it set itself to 3, set it back to 1, and she should tsrat talking.

How do I do that?

Guest jon-eli
How do I do that?

Just a guess (it's been a while since I last played BG), but I think this is what she means:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("P#SharInterest","GLOBAL")

If the return value is "3", then do:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("P#SharInterest","GLOBAL",1)

And in case you don't know how to open the console, he's a quote from the IESDP:

Open the Baldur.ini file (located in the BG2 installaion directory).

Find the line [Program Options] and add the text Debug Mode=1 underneath.

Create a new game / load a save game.

Press ctrl and space together.

Actually, the correct variable to look for would be X#SharInterest.

Small typo in x#shrom.tra:

@452 = ~*You chuckle.* With your bloodlust and cravings you would made a fearsome vampire, she-bear.~

It should either be 'would make' or 'would have made'.

I had the same problem and now when I set value to 1, everything works fine, however I think the reason for not starting the romance if wrong dialogue option is chosen, must be somewhere else.There are three options available for answer in first lovetalk.

-you were a good follower

-you were a useful follower

-sth. like I'm glad you enjoy your time with a group

I chose the 2nd option and the romance didn't start, although the 2nd option is the least nice of all mentioned.

I've been having the same problem. Unfortunately, I can't seem to do the Debug thing. Every time I try to save the baldur.ini file with the addition, there is an error and it won't let me. This happens for the baldur.ini file in both EasyTutu and BGII. (Which, by the way, should I be altering?) Any help?

Also, I applied the old multiromance mod over BG1NPCs because I wanted to override the alignment barriers (I'm Chaotic Good). I was able to achieve the first love talk with Shar-Teel (LT0) but I'm not sure whether this has anything to do with multiromance or if LT0 is simply attainable by any male PC. Does anyone know?

Archived