Need Help finding the mods

Caserius Tendook

I found the incredible universe of gamers and modders which has allowed me to play this incredible game again. Unfortunatley life's little turns in the road kept me away from my computer for the last 12 months, but I have finally returned and I'm getting to play again. Last year I had gone through and downloaded a bunch of the mods that were out there, including Divine, BG Fixpack, and the NPC's Amber and Kelsey. I also downloaded and installed a few of the custom Kits. My game is performing well w/o any issues, Amber showed up as expected, as did Kelsey, but now I'm reading through and there are some things I wouldn't mind adding, however I am at a complete loss on Install orders, WeiDU, etc. I'm hoping these couple of questions can help get me back on track:

I obviously had/have WeiDU installed on my machine, how do I find it, run it, and get a copy of the log?

Is there anything that will list for me the current listing of Mods and Packages that are currently running out there, or is that part of the WeiDU process?

If I choose to add a new mod, i.e. one of the weapon or armor tweaks or another NPC, will I need to Uninstall and then re-install everything in another order?

Sorry for being a complete doof here, but I've got a nice clean running game and I want to try and keep it that way if possible. I have also never used the Tutu packages.

Thanks for any help

1- I obviously had/have WeiDU installed on my machine, how do I find it, run it, and get a copy of the log?

2- Is there anything that will list for me the current listing of Mods and Packages that are currently running out there, or is that part of the WeiDU process?

3- If I choose to add a new mod, i.e. one of the weapon or armor tweaks or another NPC, will I need to Uninstall and then re-install everything in another order?

1- Search your computer for file called "WeiDU.log", without the quotes, it's in your game directory... and the WeiDU(.exe) is actually the mod installation program, not a mod itself.

2- It's the WeiDU.log, every mod puts info in it when they are installed in a form of their tp2 reference and component number etc. :)

3- It totally depends of the content of the WeiDU.log, so open it with text editor like the Notepad, and copy paste the text... and what mods you wish to install, and almost certainly you need to restart the game as your saves will have refer to wrong strings so the character will have funny names and items will have weird descriptions, if the dialog.tlk is modified in anyway. So be prepared to restart the game from the beginning.

I obviously had/have WeiDU installed on my machine, how do I find it, run it, and get a copy of the log?

WeiDU isn't exactly "installed" at all; it's bundled with any mod that uses WeiDU code. The BG2 Fixpack, for example, is a WeiDU mod, written in WeiDU code, and hence the file "setup-bg2fixpack.exe" is just a renamed copy of WeiDU.exe. You shouldn't ever really need to invoke the program manually, unless you're trouble-shooting.

If I choose to add a new mod, i.e. one of the weapon or armor tweaks or another NPC, will I need to Uninstall and then re-install everything in another order?

NPCs can usually be added at any point in the installation order, without causing too many issues. Tweak mods tend to have very specific requirements. But as Jarno said, the only way anyone can say for sure, is by having a look at your WeiDU.log, which is created automatically and should be sitting in the "BGII - SoA" directory. Bare in mind that non-WeiDU mods do not make entries in this file, and that they almost certainly need to be installed before anything else.

Archived